69)

We assumed King Adam was planning revenge, and we were prepared. I was with Jacob, Jason and Hannah playing with them when Sara came. While we were all in the living room, she was with Morgan, who was still in a coma. She sighed, gaining everyone's attention.

- We had to move him to the hospital. – Sara expressed.

- Why? – I asked confused and worried.

- He is stable, but if King Adam attacks and switch off our electricity, this can be a problem. Morgan needs it. – Sara explained.

- What will we tell the world? – Erika asked before me.

- That he felt from his motor and hit his head. – my dad spoke.

I just nodded. Soon Morgan was in the hospital, and everything seemed fine.

My whole family stay with him and soon left because Derek, Sara and Jade had a mission in another country and had to fly off, but I decided to stay with Morgan in the hospital for a while. I come back home after a few hours, but the moment I parked the car and exited, the house blow up. I jumped scared of the car my tears running to my cheeks.

I ran in front of the house watching the door hoping someone will exit. At that moment I heard Jacob and Jason and I turned. From the near forest, I saw them running. I knelt and hugged the moment they were close. Nadia came closer holding Hannah.

- What happened? – I asked through my tears taking Hannah from her.

- I don't know, Boss. Everything seemed fine. The boys wanted to play outside, and I gladly accepted since your parents were searching for information for King Adam while Erika and Sebastian were dealing with fussy Gabriel. – Nadia answered stroking her neck nervous – I also take Hannah with us because she was crying.

- You save them. Thank you. – I smiled thankfully at the girl.

- No big deal, Boss. – Nadia grinned and looked at the house – But I couldn't save them.

- No, I don't believe it. – I refused the idea shaking my head – Call firefighters. Now.

Soon the firefighters appearеd and the fire was gone. We entered the inside house, and I was that everything was burned down. At that moment I saw my family.

They had gunshot wounds on their chests seeming they had died before the fire. I fell to the ground screaming from pain and anger. Nadia came closer to me and placed an arm on my shoulder.

- What's our next move? – she whispered with her sad tone.

- We will wait for Morgan to wake up and then I will kill this bastard. – I growled and looked at Nadia – I want our spies to hide in our secret base and wait for instruction.

- Yes, Boss. – Nadia nodded and knelt next to me smiling a little – Only to know you aren't alone. You had Jason, Jacob, Hannah, Morgan, me, and every other spy.

- Thank you, Nadia. – I smiled back and looked around, but there was nothing that wasn't burned down.

The next day, I was reading a book trying to stay awake. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw the fire and my dead family on the ground. Hannah was in my lap and Jason and Jacob played with their swords.

- Dad. – Hannah babbled holding hands towards the sleeping Morgan.

- Yes, dad. – I mumbled not even realizing it.

- Mom, his finger just moved. – Jacob pointed.

I turned and I saw it. I stood up still holding Hannah and went closer to him. I took his arm and checked:

- Please, if you hear me, squeeze my hand.

I waited a few seconds, and I felt a little squeeze. I told him that I am calling the doctor and soon I waited in front of the room with Jacob, Jason, and Hannah. The doctor exited after a few minutes and nodded smiling.

I entered inside and I smile happily. Morgan noticed me with his blue-green eyes and smiled. I took his arms not able to control my tears.

- Elena, why are you crying? – Morgan asked.

- Wait for the kids to fall asleep and I will tell you. – I answered and he nodded.

After a few hours, Jacob and Jason fell asleep on the sofa in the room. The sofa could be stretched out and my boys slept in one corner hugging the toys. Hannah slept a little deeper with her pacifier in her mouth. I took two blankets and wrapped them. I sat on the bed, took Morgan's hand, and caressed it. He slept peacefully, no longer wearing an oxygen mask. He stirred and opened his eyes sleepily.

- Hey, nice to see those lovely eyes. – I greeted him making him smile.

- I am glad to see those gorgeous eyes, too, but they're full of grief. - Morgan replied - What happened?

I told him everything that had happened from his battle with King Adam until he woke up.

- I am sorry. It's all my fault. – Morgan spoke after a few seconds.

- No, it isn't. – I said and stroked his cheek – He would have killed us even if you had won.

- What is the plan? – Morgan asked.

- When you are discharged from the hospital, we'll go to the secret headquarters and there, while you're recovering, we'll think of a plan. - I answered.

Morgan looked at the sleeping children and then at my stomach. He smiled slightly and brought my hand to his lips kissing it.

- I love you, Elena. You were with me when I lost my family, and I will do the same now. Just don't push me. - he said.