chapter one

minho woke up to the sound of his blaring alarm

upon turning it off, he could hear the muffled sounds of clattering pans coming from the kitchen.

he ran a hand down his face as he groaned at being woken up.

the honey haired boy wasn't surprised he felt so exhausted. who could ever get used to a monday morning?

minho reluctantly pulled back his bedding as he began to get himself ready for the day.

after taking a quick shower, he got himself changed into a khaki crew neck sweatshirt over a pair of plain blue jeans.

he only ruffled his hair to look presentable as he didn't feel like making too much of an effort that morning.

with one last look in the mirror, he grabbed his backpack and headed downstairs. minho placed his backpack against the kitchen island before sitting down on a stool opposite his housemate.

"morning min!" the older smiled as he set down a plate in front of minho. "i made you special monday morning pancakes with extra syrup!"

"thanks chan." minho replied as he tucked into his breakfast. chan smiled at him and took the seat opposite.

minho and his friends all went to the same high school. chan was in the year above minho and so didn't have to come into school for his lessons until 11am everyday.

chan always felt so lonely when minho would leave for school, it meant that he would have to face a quiet house for a few more hours.

for that reason, chan always made sure to be awake before minho so that he could make him breakfast before he left for school.

that way, he would also get to see his housemate of a morning. chan really did love being around his friends.

minho was halfway through his breakfast and could see chan looking at him with a concerned expression.

"i know what you're going to ask..." the younger sighed as he kept his eyes down, continuing to eat.

"you just look deep in thought, min." chan sighed, "you look the same every monday morning, and i know it's not just because it's the start of another school week" chan spoke in a soft voice.

minho stopped chewing and swallowed his mouthful. he moved his hands around before letting them rest on the counter top as he lightly sighed.

chan could always see right through him, he wasn't sure if it was comforting or just plain creepy.

regardless, minho couldn't deny that chan was right. he was always thinking the same thing of a monday morning.

'in what state would jisung be in after being with his boyfriend over the weekend?'

in the beginning, jisung and his boyfriend, won-jae, had been the perfect match for each other.

it was quickly obvious to minho and the rest of his friends just how quickly jisung had fallen head-over-heels in love with him.