chapter fifty five

as jisung and minho walked into the canteen they were surprised to see the group already there.

"how'd you get here so quick?" minho asked as the pair sat down.

"lessons finished early." changbin answered as he gave a small shrug, "guess the teachers are trying to get rid of us quicker because it's nearly the end of term."

jisung couldn't pay attention to the conversation. he was too busy anticipating when won-jae would walk in.

his breath hitched as the familiar boy walked into the room. the group shuffled over away from him as they pretend to be in conversation about something.

"baby!" won-jae beamed as he opened his arms once reaching him, playfully scoffing as jisung only stared at him.

"what?" he smirked. "i don't get a hello now?"

felix cringed.

jisung gestured to a seat on the table behind him. as he turned round, the two were now sat facing each other.

"what do you want?" jisung managed to ask as his eyes trailed to won-jae's neck. the marks were gone yet the painful memory still lingered.

"i've come to apologise baby," won-jae replied as he leant forward to hold jisungs knees, "i must admit i was very surprised you didn't come over this weekend."

"come over?" jisung repeated. "jae i broke up with you...i-i meant what i said."

his heart was near beating out his chest yet he tried to stay strong. he didn't want to be belittled if he cried.

"oh come on babe, you didn't mean it." won-jae spoke softly. "we always do this. i get drunk and say things i don't mean and then when i'm myself again you know it wasn't really me."

jisung slowly shook his head. "you weren't drunk on friday, jae." he gulped. "you smashed up the kitchen because i didn't want you to drink...i don't like being around you when you're drunk."

won-jae could only stare in shock, this hadn't been what he had expected.

"no, i was still drunk from the party on thursday." he scrunched his eyebrows. "you remember mirhah, right?"

minho's blood boiled.

"jae," jisung sighed as his voice was strained "why would you bring her up again? i still can't believe you cheated on me."

won-jae pushed his hair back as he straightened up his body while leaning his back against the table. "you know i can't control myself when i'm drunk." he rolled his eyes, "think of all the times i hurt you by accident. i always apologised when i was myself again."

jisung pressed his eyes as he refused to cry, "you didn't apologise on friday..."

his chin was lifted as won-jae stared into his slightly glossy eyes, "you didn't let me."

jisungs lips parted in shock, "jae, you slammed me into a wall until i passed out." he swiftly moved won-jae's hand from his chin. "you did that sober."

"look," won-jae sighed as he held jisung's hands. "i wanted to come here and apologise for everything. not just mirah, not just drinking too much...everything."

jisung tried not to seem hopeful. after all, won-jae had never done that before.

"what about the time i deleted your messages from felix, hmm?" won-jae smoothed back jisung's hair. "you know how sorry i was for that."

jisung felt his stomach turn. he'd never told his friends about that.

changbin held felix's arm as he had felt him tense. they didn't want to risk interrupting the conversation.