chapter sixty

much to everyone's excitement, today was new year's eve.

all of the group were at chan and minho's.
it was currently half 11 with all of the friends in the living room apart from jisung and chan who were taking care of the snacks in the kitchen.

"lix! i still can't believe you and changbin are celebrating your one year anniversary in less than thirty minutes!" jeongin beamed as he looked over to the cuddled up pair.

changbin grinned as he was playing with his boyfriend's hair while he rested in his lap.

"i know!" felix yelled before looking over to minho, "plus, just over a year ago you and chan bought his house! i still remember the day you told us you were getting a house together!"

minho sent him a shy smile. "yeah...i still can't believe everything that's happened these last few months..."

everyone instantly knew what he meant.

hyunjin nudged his leg playfully, "it certainly worked out in your favour, min."

minho only shoved him back but it was very obvious he was trying to hide the blush on his cheeks.

ever since hyunjin's party, the pair had been taking it slow. minho wasn't pushing for them to be in a relationship nor go all the way together, but he was just so happy that jisung was now becoming more comfortable with being so intimate with him.

"quick someone shout jisung!" seungmin called as he read the next performer on the new year's eve special stage they were watching.

"ji!" felix yelled, "dean is performing!"

chan walked in as he shook his head, "the kid almost choked on his water-"

"-i'm here! i'm here!" jisung yelled as he ran into the room. minho let out a yelp as jisung had thrown himself on top of his lap as he scrambled to see the screen.

"sorry, min!" jisung giggled as he placed a light peck on his cheek. he turned round to rest his back on the older's chest as he moved one of minho's arms around his body.

minho already had his hands in jisung's blue hair. he felt jisung melt into his touch as he stared in awe at the screen.

changbin smirked at the pair as he tightened his grip on felix. chan had whispered something to the two, receiving a nod from them both before he walked over to sit by seungmin.

jisung was softly singing along as he trailed his fingers along minhos arm. minho shuffled back into the couch and had his legs practically crossed over jisung as he wanted to be as close as humanely possible

"relax min," jisung chuckled i'm not going anywhere."

even though it was a passive comment, everyone smiled at the idea they finally had their best friend back for good.

"okay everyone!" the announcer on the tv spoke after dean had finished performing, "we have just a few acts left! we have started the 5 minute countdown to midnight so make sure you stay tuned in till the last second!"

the friends immediately looked at each other. yet no one was more excited than jisung.

"sounds like our cue to go outside!" chan smiled as he helped jeongin up and lead the way outside.

while everyone was making their way towards the porch to go to the front garden, minho noticed jisung hadn't moved as he was staring down at the floor while biting his lip.

"ji?" minho asked as he moved to look over his face, "you okay?"

"yeah." jisung smiled as he gestured to the tv "just thinking about dean." he teased.