chapter forty three

minho's eyes were glossed with tears as the episode came to an end.

"you can never tease any of us again for how we feel about this show." jisung pointed at him as he had seen minho try and subtly wipe his eyes.

"i don't know what you're talking about, ji." minho shrugged as he crossed his arms.

"if you try to mock us," jisung playfully threatened as he poked his chest. "i'll tell everyone you cried a waterfall."

"okay okay." minho sighed as jisung laughed before picking up his phone from his nightstand.

his face dropped.

"shit, im so sorry minho it's almost midnight."

minho frowned as jisung began to look insanely guilty.

"god, you have to drive home now and it's so late. minho i really didn't mean to keep you this long, i understand if you wanna leave straight away." he rambled. "fuck, chan is probably worried sick and-"

"-jisung!" minho called softly as he held his hands. "stop apologising...please."

jisung shuffled his feet before pulling his hands back and walking away from the bed. "no it's okay, i'll help you get your stuff together if you'd like."

"jisung...?" minho noticed he looked a bit unsure of his words. "d-do you want me to go?"

"...i really don't want to be alone." jisung sighed. he looked to minho and quickly realised the silence. "w-wait im sorry, if you need to go, you can go...i-i won't keep you."

"jisung, is that what you want?" minho's tone was gentle as he had watched jisung walk over to his desk and cross his arms over his body.

"h-honestly no..." jisung spoke softly. "i don't want you to go."

minho shuffled his feet, took a deep breath, and walked over to jisung still with respectable distance.

"i won't go if you want me to stay." minho watched as jisung looked up and leant his back on the desk, "but jisung, it's entirely your choice."

jisung bit his lip as minho gestured to his phone.
"it doesn't matter how late or early it is. i'm in your house, jisung. if you ever feel i've overstayed you just tell me okay? i'm not having you feel guilty over something this small." he said softly.

"so...you don't mind spending the night?"
jisung asked in a small voice as his eyes were slow to meet minho's.

minho was about to answer when the pair heard a notification sound from jisung's phone. minho gave him a nod to answer it, signalling it was okay.

jisung walked over to his nightstand to check the text before sighing.

jae <33

jae<33
hyy babuy,
yu remmbr mirah!?
she here ans wre talkingg
about uuu🥰😍23:53

jae<33
hav goood nihht wiv urr
frends if u wthh themi
lovve yuo mi🤍 ~23:53

jisung handed minho his phone. he rubbed the back of his neck as he knew minho was taking a minute to decipher what was said.

minho however wasn't surprised jisung had worked it out so quick. he probably received texts like that all the time.

jisung sighed as minho handed him back his phone. "i really don't want to be alone after that, i mean i'm glad he's having fun but..."

he shrugged lightly as he kicked his feet.
"...i just feel safe with you, min."

minhos heart swelled. that was all he ever wanted.