chapter twenty seven

everyone except jisung felix and jeongin were currently sat in chan and minho's, thinking over the last couple of days.

to them it had been painfully slow without jisung around. he'd been answering and reading messages at least but the last time anyone in the group had seen him was the tuesday that felix, changbin, and minho had stayed for dinner.

"i'm so bummed we didn't get our mini golf rematch." hyunjin sighed as he slumped onto the couch next to changbin.

"me too, but at least we got to go out with him like old times." seungmin said as he sat next to him and patted hyunjin's leg.

"plus, me and minho saw how happy he was to see us on tuesday, lix was especially made up." changbin smiled as he continued eating his bag of chips.

"we'll see him in school. plus, i'm sure we'll be able to arrange another movie night at some point." chan nodded and looked to minho.

he scoffed as he shook his head at chan. "i think you're forgetting lover boys back, i doubt we'll even see him at all."

chan walked over and knelt in front of minho as he sighed. "cheer up, min. i know how happy he was to be with us, that's all that matters."

changbin smirked as he looked over minho's slightly pouted face.

"he was really happy with you min, i noticed he was smiling even harder than saturday."

minho felt his stomach flip as he tried to keep his face from blushing red.

he nervously looked up at chan, the older sent him a small smile as he playfully ruffled his hair.

"i'm not looking forward to going back to school." hyunjin sighed. "i really don't wanna do work again." he sprawled out his arms as he rested his back on changbin's body.

chan walked over and poked his side harshly, "work...is...important." he said through each poke.

hyunjin laughed and batted his hand away. "okay okay, god dad leave me alone."

the oldest rolled his eyes as seungmin looked to minho. "you'll get to see jisung tomorrow, dont worry."

changbin waited until chan had walked to the kitchen to get himself a drink before he leant forward to minho.

"plus, he'll be away from won-jae and instead with you for 3 lessons."

minho playfully scoffed as he gave him a small smile, "thanks, bin." he sighed. the four of them then stood up to join chan in the kitchen, planning to pester the oldest to make them some food.

changbin gave minho a small reassuring nudge as he walked past him, he could tell minho was upset at how little time the group had gotten to spend with jisung.

all the group could do was hope that sometime soon, they could be eight again.

********

minho had woken up on monday morning feeling tired and hungry.

after a big breakfast with chan that held a lecture about his first day back, minho was walking up to school to meet changbin at their usual spot.

the only difference was, no one was there.

minho felt a buzz in his pocket before lifting it out to see a text from changbin.

"hey min, running late but will be no more than five." minho mumbled allowed as he read changbin's message. "great." he sighed as he decided to sit down on the bench and wait for him.

his attention was turned to the car park as won-jae's car pulled in, his heart swelled as jisung stepped out of the car.

jisung was wearing his baby pink joggers as well as a slightly oversized hoodie minho could tell was won-jae's.

the boy waited at the side as won-jae walked round and softly cupped his face. he soon moved his hand to jisung's neck as the pair continued their passionate kiss.

minho, no matter how many times he saw it of a morning, had never gotten used to seeing the boy he was so deeply in love with kissing someone else.

especially when it was someone who minho resented.

luckily he was soon pulled out his thoughts as he heard two familiar voices walking up the path.

"hey min!" jeongin smiled as he walked alongside changbin. "sorry for making you wait, my parents had to go to work earlier than usual so changbin offered me a lift."

"that's okay, innie." minho stood up as he slung his backpack over his shoulder, "besides it's not like we're late getting in."

changbin gave him a smile as the three began walking into school.

normally people hated monday mornings, but as the first day of the week meant that minho was with jisung for 3 subjects, he always found a way to focus on the positives.

*********
a/n
earlier update than usual bc i had planned to post this yesterday but forgot 👀

also i'm not sure if this is considered a filler chapter? but anyway the group are now back at school :)

there's soon to be one of my favourite events in this book and i'm excited for you all to read it !!

hope you enjoyed!

kayceeliz <3
2.7.22