chapter twenty eight

"minho!" jisung smiled as he slid into his seat, leaning down to get out his work.

"hey, jisung." minho replied as he turned to face him.

jisung placed his book on the table before mirroring his position, "did you do the reading assignment, min?"

minho nodded, "got it done the friday we finished." he smugly shrugged as jisung playfully pushed his arm with a laugh. "smart boy."

minho felt his cheeks heat up as he turned back to the front while subtly clearing his throat, "y-you?"

jisung shook his head, "i'm fucked." he lightly sighed. "but i promise i will get it done at some point." he assured as he wanted to avoid a lecture from minho.

the younger slipped off his hoodie as he patted down his hair, minho pointed to his shirt and smiled, "art, right?"

jisung gestured to his baby blue t-shirt and smirked. "how ever did you guess?"

minho shook his head with a smile, they turned their attention to their teacher who was about to begin his lesson.

the lesson thankfully hadn't been too demanding, the teacher had allocated the last ten minutes for the class to answer some questions based on the book they'd been reading.

most people were getting on with the work, the classroom mainly filled with resumed conversations of people catching up with their friends after the week off.

"you're on question nine already!?" minho asked as he leant over jisungs work. "i thought you said you didn't do the reading assignment?"

jisung shook his head lightly. "i'm just copying out the questions, i'm going to the library after school so i'll catch up then."

minho slightly tilted his head in confusion, "are you not going out with won-jae tonight?"

"no..." jisung finished writing his question before turning to face minho. "he's going to a party but i didn't really want to go, plus i told him i have work to catch up on, so." he shrugged.

minho didn't hesitate to reply. "but he's not forcing you to go with him?"

jisung looked at him confused as his brows slightly furrowed.

"jae never forces me to do anything minho..." he looked over his face in disbelief. "...is that what you think?"

minho took a sharp inhale through his teeth as he averted his gaze from jisung. "kind of..."

jisung slumped back in his seat with a scoff. "wow, minho."

minho shuffled as he tried to find the right words, "w-well...it's just you go to parties a lot and you seem to have bad experiences."

those were not the right words.

jisung took in what he was saying and scowled as he turned back to the front to look down at his work.

minho looked over his slumped frame and mentally cursed at himself. "jisung wait, i didn't mean for it to come out like that."

jisung shrugged before letting out a small sigh, "minho i can handle myself okay? i'm not some little kid you need to worry about."

"but i do worry, jisung i...i just can't stand to see him hurt you."

jisung bit his lip as he looked at the clock, grateful the lesson was nearly ending.

minho noticed that as jisung ran a hand through his hair, his hands were slightly trembling.

"you know what, minho?" jisung packed up his stuff before standing up and looking at the older.

"just...do me a favour and leave me alone for a little bit."

minho leant forward and tried to catch his hand. "please jisung i didn't mean to-"

jisung gently pushed back his arm and shook his head. "minho, i feel guilty enough that you worry about me i'll...i'll see you later."

minho mentally kicked himself as he watched jisung quickly leave the classroom, he slumped back in his chair as he ran his hands down his face.

why on earth did he have to make jisung feel so guilty, he hadn't realised how harsh his words had come out and now jisung was probably beating himself up knowing how much his friends worried about him.

unfortunately now, minho would have to wait until 3rd lesson to apologise to jisung.

he only hoped he hadn't upset jisung that much.

*****
"baby, what's wrong?" won-jae asked as he watched his boyfriend walk out his art classroom with a frown on his face.

jisung pouted as he looked down, "i got paint on my shirt." he mumbled.

as the bell sounded for their 20 minute break before third lesson, the pair began their walk to jisung's locker so he could pack away his art supplies.

"aww, not your blue shirt!" won-jae playfully frowned as he slung his arm around jisung's shoulders before the pair reached the locker. 

won-jae leant against the locker next to jisungs as he tilted his head, "are you sure about not coming to the party tonight, baby? it'll be really fun."

jisung was thinking back to first lesson, here was won-jae asking him if he wanted to go, if only minho could hear.

jisung finished putting his things away before lifting out his pe bag and turning to his boyfriend.

"i would jae but i really need to get this work done, i don't wanna fall behind."

he closed his locker and traced won-jae's cheek, feeling guilt twist his stomach as he looked slightly disappointed"

"jae, what's wrong?"

won-jae met his eyes as he shrugged. "it's just, you know how happy it makes me when you go with me...don't you like coming to parties with me?"

"w-well..." jisung mumbled as he dropped his hand and nervously looked down at the floor. "some of them are a bit much...i don't really like it when you leave me alone at them."

won-jae nodded and took his hand as the pair walked down the corridor to reach the older's locker.

"tell you what then," he smiled, "tonight when you come with me i promise i won't leave your side."

jisung was still unsure as he kept his eyes on the floor.

"alright then," won-jae nodded to himself as he lifted out a spare shirt for jisung.
"how about i'll give you an hour to work in the library, then i'll come back and we'll drive to the party...how's that?"

jisung smiled as he lifted up his head and nodded. "that sounds perfect, jae."

won-jae closed his locker over and placed a soft kiss on jisung's cheek.

"good." won-jae nodded as he handed jisung his shirt before taking his hand and walking the pair outside to sit at an empty bench for the reminder of the break.

********
a/n
surprise update!!! as well as a small bit of minsung drama hehehe😏
don't worry the next chapter is cute and it is also a hint as to what the anticipated chapter is i mentioned in the last update🙃

hope you enjoyed!

kayceeliz <3
4.7.22