valentines

"hey," I look over seeing a tall dirty blonde boy a slight smirk on his face "oh uh hi" I smile at him grabbing a book from my locker "are you busy on Saturday?" he asks while I shut my locker "on Valentine's day?" I ask with a slight giggle and he smiles nodding his head "yes, I was wondering if you would, you know.. be my Valentine?" he asks and I smile "I love the offer, and I'm sure your a great guy.. but no thank you, I'm sorry" I give him a small smile and he sighs "okay.. I get it, I guess" he mumbles "have a good day" he mumbles whilst walking away and I sigh a frown coming to my lips "hey Sammy!" a smile replaces my frown as I hear my friends voice "Devyn!" I turn around "did you finish it?" she asks "yes! oh my god it was amazing! I can't wait for the fourth book to come out!" I gasp "I loved it so much especially when-" I get cut off by her letting out a bunch of jumbled up words "shut it! give it to me! no spoilers!" she exclaims and I giggle handing her the book I had taken out of my locker prior and she squeals hugging it to her chest "oh my god I'm so excited to see what happens! does she leave Alex for the other guy? no! don't tell me!" I giggle shaking my head at her excitement.

"ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!" Tara squeals running up to us "what? what happened?!" she lets out a breath before letting it out "Jake asked me to be his valentine!" me and Devyn share a look "you two are already dating" "so? I still like when he asks" she huffs crossing her arms "so, speaking of valentine's" Devyn turns to me "have you gotten one yet?" I groan "no" "well why not?!" I shrug "nobody is my type, I don't like no one" "didn't you just reject Nate?" Corey asks walking up to us pointing behind him to where Nate is standing with his group of friends a deep frown on his face "well, yeah-" "Sam!" I sigh deeply "I don't like him! he's not my type" "you don't know that, you need to give people a chance you can't just go by looks" "why do you think all these people keep asking me out? they don't know anything about me" they sigh "give the next guy a chance you never know what could happen" Tara says and I sigh shaking my head "I don't even know if I'm ready for a relationship.."

- Friday Afternoon -
•one day before valentines

"Colbys coming over so-" "okay, okay I get it Ben, I'll be in my room" I laugh as he tells me his friend is coming over not wanting me to bother them. I make my way up to my room and drop my backpack on my bed and kick off my shoes texting the group chat that I'll be over in a few hours wanting to take a shower and do some homework before hand. I toss my phone onto my bed and unzip my bag pulling out a notebook and my math book only planning on doing my math homework as that's the most important thing, being due on Monday unlike my other work. I place my things on my desk and I head downstairs to get a snack before I go further. Passing by my brothers room I see him and a few of his friends scattered around the room and I make eye contact with his closest friend, Colby and I give him a smile before making my way down the stairs.
I open the fridge and grab a water bottle opening it and taking a drink as I move onto a cupboard and grabbing a bowl before going into the fridge again. I shut the door to be faced with Colby entering the kitchen "oh, hi Colby" I smile and he smiles back "hey" he opens the fridge and I place the bag of grapes I grabbed on the counter and put some in the bowl "so, how was that book you're reading?" he asks leaning against the fridge door after grabbing a water and I smile "it was great! I just finished it last night actually" he hums "yeah? what will you read now?" "I haven't decided yet, I've started a few new ones weeks back that I really want to finish, but I'm waiting to get the fourth book!" he nods moving out of the way so I can put away the grapes "your a nerd" he states laughing at my reaction "I am not! I just like reading" I huff gathering my things "uh huh, sure" he ruffles my hair before walking away I roll my eyes and make my way back to my room.

-
Stepping out the shower I pull a towel off the shelf and dry my body, I wrap it around my body and grab my phone and pausing my music as I get a call from Devyn and answer it putting it on speaker so I can get dressed. I leave my bathroom my towel in hand as I pat dry my hair and put my phone up to my ear, taking it off speaker "I just got out Dev, I'll be there soon, bye" I end the call and toss my phone on my bed and turn around and smile a confused laugh leaving my lips "whats this? what are are you doing Colby?" I ask seeing him walking in my room a bouquet of flowers in one hand whilst in the other is a bag and a few books "for you" he smiles holding it all out to me and I giggle taking the flowers from him "thank you" I smile as I smell them and he hums following me over to my bed "why'd you get these for me?" I ask as I sit criss cross laying the flowers over my lap as I take the few books from him and he smiles sitting at the edge of the bed and I gasp seeing the books he chose "did I tell you I wanted to read these?" I ask seeing the top three books I've been dying to read and he chuckles "no, I actually had went to the book store you always go to and had asked the librarian if she knew you and to which I was surprised you are apparently her favorite customer and always talk with her" I giggle nodding my head understanding she had told him which books to get "thank you" I lean over and hug him and he hums wrapping his arms around me hugging me back making me smile at the gentle and warm hug he gives me.