baking competition -part 2-

very long chapter ahead.
enjoy~
----

The car shakes as Colby pulls into the gravel driveway, he reaches over and turns down the radio "woah.. it's so pretty" I gasp leaning forward as I look at the view over the lake "are you sure this is it??" Tara asks in disbelief as we all step out of the car, stretching out our limbs of the long car ride "mhm, yes, I'm positive" Colby says "your lying! we get to stay here for a whole month?!" I giggle at her excitement "nevermind that! let's go look inside!!" Jake exclaims, snatching the keys out of my hands and running to the front door everyone cheering and running behind him "why did we have to bring them?" Colby groans as we walk side beside "oh hush, they deserved to tag along besides we were aloud 5 people here, though we brought one more but that makes it more fun. why would it just be us to come on such a long trip?" I ask as I walk around the house "m' why wouldn't it just be us?" I roll my eyes gently punching his arm as a smirk spreads on his face "you are such a perv!" he hums gently wrapping his arms around my waist as I come to a stop on the dock looking at the lake "that's not what you were saying when you kissed me" he mumbles against my hair, I blush gently pushing him back with my elbow and turning to him "I kissed you out of excitement. nothing more" he frowns gently grabbing my hand "so, your telling me you didn't feel anything?" I scoff pushing him back "course not. now c'mon! I wanna see the inside!" he grumbles, trailing behind me.

I walk inside and gasp as I look around, it being very homey like with a warm amber lighting to it. I find my way to the living room to see one large couch, a coffee table with a large tv in the front, walking into the kitchen it's a decent size, not too huge but big enough to have an island in the middle. I go to the sliding glass doors as they're opened to see Devyn and Corey out there "Sammy look! there's a fire pit!" Devyn exclaims pointing to it and I giggle stepping out onto the porch which has two chairs on either side "oh my gosh, look! there's a hot tub over there!" I gasp pointing at it in excitement "oh my- we're definitely going in there later tonight" Devyn says as they make their way back over I giggle nodding my head "where's Jake and Tara?" Corey asks as we walk in "I'm pretty sure I heard them upstairs" Colby informs, just walking into the kitchen "let's go then" I nod and we all make our way up the stairs. Walking down the hall we're met with Jake and Tara running out of a room "we call this one!" they both exclaim it being the largest one here "wha- nonono, me and Sam get the biggest one" Colby argues "wha- no! we called dibs!" Jake exclaims "Colby just let them-" I start only for him to cut me off "no. we were the ones who won, if it weren't for us you wouldn't be here" they groan in annoyance knowing he's right "fine! have it your way" Jake grumbles "good. now find your rooms and get your bags" Colby says before gently grabbing my hand "let's get ours" I hum trailing behind him as he keeps my hand interlocked with his as we go down the stairs.

Placing my bags on the ground I gasp softly looking around the large room "woah.. no wonder they wanted this one" I say as I walk around it having a large king sized bed, sliding doors that lead out to a balcony that looks out to the lake "yeah, no shit, it's the best room" Colby says in a matter of fact tone and I roll my eyes going to the bathroom seeing it has a bath as soon as you walk in, a shower to the right then to the left is a counter with a sink on either side and a large mirror "y'know.." I trail off as I leave the bathroom and grabbing my bag "hm?" he hums in response already putting his clothes on hangers "when we're sleeping, I don't want you to be anywhere near me, no touching" I tell him knowing he'd try something and he groans "but-" "no Colby. I know you'll get some sort of ideas, and I'm not about that" he huffs rolling his eyes "god, your really gonna get mad at that?" he doesn't say anything making me giggle "your something else" I sigh softly, beginning to put my clothes on hangers as well "can't we at least cuddle?" he asks and I shake my head "please-" "no Colby, I let you do too much already, having you also do it at the time I want to relax is not relaxing anymore," I start "just be glad I stopped yelling at you everytime you flirt or touch me anymore" he hums letting out a soft sigh "okay fine, I'll leave you be when we're sleeping" he agrees, hanging his clothes in the large walk in closet "thank you" he hums, helping me hang up mine "but don't expect me to stop doing anything else, I don't care if your friends are here or not, I'm making this trip last and going to get something out of it" I look at him curiously, my heartbeat picking up a bit as I watch him leave the room unable to figure out whether to be scared or not, not knowing what he means by that.