not so happy birthdays

Age 7

The brunette boy sits at the kitchen table with his mother as he hand writes his invitations "I'm so excited!!" he squeals happily as his face is close to his paper, his blue color pencil tightly gripped in his fist as he scribbles down a bunch of jumbled words consisting of the information about his party this Saturday "I know baby," his mother chuckles softly as she pats his back "I done mommy!" he says slamming down his pencil "yeah?" she asks "mhm! mhm! can I go to bed nows mommy?!" he asks excitedly wanting to get the rest of today over to get the word out to his friends about his party he's oh so excited about "yeah, go ahead sweetie."

The older women smiles fondly at her child watching as he cheers and quickly scrambles out of his seat and running down the hall to his room. Grabbing the four handmade cards, she scans through the misspelled words and picking up the pencil and neatly writing down the address and her number for the youngers parents to contact her with any information if needed.

Carefully tucking the cards into his backpack she zips it up and makes her way up the stairs with the box of colored pencils in hand. Coming to her son's room she smiles seeing the smaller tucked in his bed with his eyes shut tight causing his nose to scrunch up cutely. Placing the colored pencils in it's proper drawer she comes over and gently brushes her fingers through his soft locks "sleep well Colbaby" she says softly, pressing a kiss to his forehead "night momma" he murmurs nuzzling into his covers.

- Friday

Quickly unbuckling his belt he clutches onto his backpack "have a great day hon" Colby grins nodding his head "bye!" he calls out spotting one of his friends getting out of their car "bye" she smiles fondly watching her boy rush to his friend with a large smile.

"Come! Come!" Colby urges pulling on the slightly shorter boys arm "stop yankin my arm!" the boy complains tiredly stomping behind him, it being far too early for the young boy. Slumping onto the ground with an annoyed expression on his face Colby grins seeing his other three friends sat where they always are "guys! guess what?!" he grins, a happy giggle escaping his lips as he carefully takes off his backpack incase he ruins the paper in his bag "what is it Colby?" the petite girl asks as she plays with her doll "well Devyn," he grins unzipping his backpack "tomorrow is very exciting! know why?" he asks his hands grabbing onto the four neatly placed invitations "stop playing these stupid guessing games. Just say it" the tired boy huffs out "c'mon Jake don't be so moody" he pouts cutely.

"Jus tell us, no one knows what tomorrow is" Colby pouts at the girl, watching as she brushes her already untangled, pin straight hair "wha- do too!" Colby complains "m' I think it's very exciting too," the boy grins happily looking at his last friend as she reads a book "it's the weekend, course it's exciting" she finishes making Colby huff out "no- well yes! but look!" he exclaims finally pulling out the invitations swiftly "it's my birthday! an I inviting you all!" he cheers happily passing them their respective cards.

"So?!" Colby asks leaning forward, his hands on his legs as they cross beneath him "it's gon' be so fun!!" he grins watching as each of them read their cards "oh, I'm sorry Colby," he furrows his brows "my mommy an daddy are taking me somewhere" Stas says as she hands him her card back and Colby pouts looking at it "oh.. that's okay! maybe next time" he quickly smiles at her not feeling super upset knowing he's got his other three friends to count on "mhm" she hums delicately turning to the next page in her book.

"Erm, I can't go either.. m' goin doll shopping" Devyn says handing him the card back as well before picking up her doll again and brushing its hair "oh.." he mumbles the smile on his face slightly falling but he doesn't worry about it too much, two friends is plenty to have fun with "mommy says I has to clean my room or I'm in trouble" Katrina shrugs giving him the card back and he nods.