Fate

The walls vibrate with the beat of the music the dj puts together, the house is packed and full of spirited people. The party wasn't meant to be so large only close friends with a few plus ones if decided to but those people turned into friends of a friend, to more friends and more and more.

"Sam! This party is sick yo!" Sam scowls as he's praised for the well done party that he created unintentionally. It makes him angry at the thought of ignored rules he strictly laid out. His friends know he's not a party person, they're lucky he's granted the permission for this to happen hell, he hasn't attended a party like this since highschool and it's just a slap in the face as to why that is.

He can't lie and say the party isn't great, he's sure it is if he was another party enjoyer. But when the alcohol seeps into the atmosphere and it's almost the only thing that can be smelled it makes him sick to his stomach, he almost wishes that is the only thing he can smell.

The musk of the smelly bodies mixing together within the hot personas he shoves by hurts his stomach and it certainly doesn't help with the added toxins of the clashing smells of heavy perfume and over sprayed cologne. His head pulses and all he wishes for is some fresh air, anything to get out of this living nightmare.

When he's finally stumbling out of the sliding doors he's heaving in a breath, head already feeling lighter when away from the party animals that invade his home.

"Aye! Sammy G, you come to join us?!" It's another friend of a friend he barely recognizes, drunk and clueless as he swims in his swimming pool with other attendees "no thanks" he gives his best front, smiling at the man before turning away.

"There you are! I've been looking for one of you all night!" Sam gapes as he bumps into his friend upon turning and she grins "hiya Sam! Best birthday ever, right?" She smiles ready to walk off and continue her task of getting in the pool.

"More like worst. What were you guys thinking?! Now I have to be the one to clean up this mess even though I'm not the one who did it- I'm not even having fun at my own party!"

"Oh c'mon, lighten up! This is a day of celebration! To celebrate the best friend ever!! Stop being so stubborn and enjoy your life."

"Really? How am I supposed to enjoy my life around a bunch of sorry excuses of adults that still act like high schoolers?"

"Sam." She lets out, arm wrapping around his shoulder "let loose. You'll enjoy it, I promise. Just because we're partying doesn't mean we're childish and immature."

"Well I think it does. When you guys asked for a party I strictly said a few friends and you all agreed to that, I didn't sign up for this. I think this party is over-"

"What I think is that you need a drink" they come to a stop at the outside bar area, the alcohol the same selections as the ones inside "no I dont-"

"It's you birthday Sam! Have fun for once and stop being so- boring. Your right. We're not in highschool anymore- your 23, you haven't been in years and your still acting like the goody two shoes. How about you start this new year of your life leaving the old highschool Sam in the past?"

The blonde sighs deeply as he looks at the offered cup in her hand "c'mon.. what do you say?" She shakes the cup slightly "you've got a lot of people in there that you don't know because your too afraid to branch out. Let this be the night you make new friends that don't know about your old, boring high school ways. Let them see the true Sam. The one that knows how to party, knows how to have fun."

"But-"

"Ah" she puts her finger on his lips and it makes the blonde scowl "I know you have it in you. Not only have I seen it but no way in hell are you still my friend- I'm the queen of parties! This day was only bound to come" the cup is waved in his face again and they share a second of eye contact.