spiraling

•1 year before

"Your cheating!!" Sam screams throwing his boyfriends phone at him, tears streaming down his face "the fuck? no I'm not!" he exclaims "yes you are! you- your using me" Sam begins to cry heavily, his heart breaking more each second from the newly found information "how the fuck am I using you? If I didn't want to fucking date you I'd just fucking break up with you" his boyfriend growls angrily through gritted teeth, becoming defensive.

Sam chokes back a sob looking at him with tearful eyes "maybe your cheating on me? that's probably it huh? your putting the fucking blame on me" he says getting up from the couch and stepping closer to the broken boy "wha- no I-" "then? the fuck you pulling this shit from? your ass? c'mon now, what's your fucking deal? your always starting shit with me nowadays, tell me. just fucking break up with me!" he yells towering over the smaller boy and Sam chokes out a sob cowering down "bu-bu-but I-i love y-you" Sam sobs out brokenly "well guess fucking what? I don't. your so pathetic and a waste of my time." Sams vision becomes blurry as his eyes fill with tears, rushing down his cheeks freely "wha- no! y-you- you can't do tha-that!" Sam sobs out truly loving the boy, or that's what he thought love was.

•present time

Sam looks over at Colby, a smile spreading on his face as he admires him, Colby glances over feeling eyes on him and smiles when he meets Sam's gaze "may I help you?" Sam blushes deeply and looks away "s-sorry" he giggles nervously. Sam jumps, a small gasp slipping passed his lips as he feels Colbys hand fall onto his thigh, he glances at his hand before looking up at Colby who only smiles and looks back to the front, listening to the teacher, Sam blushes looking down at his hand again a small smile coming to his lips.

The bell rings and Sam begins to pack up his things "would you like to sit with me today?" Colby asks as they make their way out of the classroom and to the lunch room. Sam smiles nodding his head "sure" Colby grins gently grabbing his hand and leading him to where he sits. They set their bags on their seat "he's gonna eat with us" Colby informs his friends "that's fine" Colby hums motioning Sam to follow him to the line. They wait in line, talking with each other, a smile stuck on Sam's face as he laughs at Colbys jokes, not paying attention to the uncertain feeling settling in his stomach as he begins to be very comfortable around the taller brunette.

- days later

Colby approaches the blondes lunch table and sits in the open seat that should be filled by the said boy "um hi?" Sam's friend questions looking at him with curious eyes "hey.. is Sam okay? he's been ignoring me for a few days now and it's starting to worry me" he explains briefly, a small frown coming to his lips just thinking about it "oh.." she frowns "what?" he asks looking at her with worried eyes. She looks at him for a second before speaking "he's told me about you, and how you guys are" Colby hums, furrowing his brows, yet not saying anything to let her continue "he cares about you, okay? just know that, he does a lot" Colby nods "is he okay?" she pauses before letting out a sigh "I cannot say," Colby frowns "I can see you care about him too Colby, but I don't know if he'd appreciate me telling you" "please. I Just want to know what's going on, I miss him" she sighs nodding her head, glancing to the lunch line to find Sam almost done getting his food "come. we can talk in the library."

"I'll be honest with you, Sam likes you, so so much, he's falling in love." Devyn tells him looking at him to get his reaction, Colby smiles "really?" she smiles nodding her head "he's spiraling. he's trying to hide it" Colby nods "I think thats alright, I think I may love him too" Colby admits making Devyn smile "I can tell, you guys make each other happy" Colby nods glancing at her "so is that the only reason he's being distant? he doesn't know what I would think?" Devyn shakes his head "not exactly, yes, he's scared of what you might think but, his last relationship was a disaster" Colby frowns nodding his head "how so?"