Chapter 36

a/n: It still hasn't sunk in that I've been accepted to this school..... Wow

Writing will continue at a slowed rate, apologies but I have a lot on my plate.

Personally, I'm doing amazing. I'd like to finish this fic before the end of May but we'll see

I have SO many ideas for stories but tbh I need to focus on one and only one rn.

After the finale, I'll release a poll to see what the best option to vote for would be

In other news:
April 1st is a 1 hour Kalos Special to celebrate 25 years of the anime!
The first half (ep103) will be Ash and Goh having a double battle against Clemont and Bonnie

The second half (ep104) will be Ash facing off against Elite Four Drasna.

Sirfetch'd and Dracovish confirmed to be his team against her Mega Altaria and Noivern. Best of all, it's in Lumiose Stadium.

Here's the chapter:

—---------

The Labyrinth of Time, part 1: JN Ash

Journeys Ash coughed out some dust he had inhaled and looked around.

It seemed like he was in a large room of some sort, surrounded by walls on all sides. The ceiling was unusually tall.

Ash looked around, seemingly confused at his surroundings

"Where, where am I?"

He received no answer, instead looking around him.

He saw a shadow pass by him out of the corner of his eye. He looked around in mild concern, turning his head again to see if any mysterious figure would approach him.

He heard a faint crack, the sort you would hear from a falling rock a good distance away.

Ash smelled something strange, was that.... Was that Sulfur?

He walked away from the foul smell towards what looked like a figure in the distance

The figure vanished, and another stone cracked on the ground next to him.

"Show me who you are!" Ash yelled

A thud could be heard as the figure landed behind Ash

"Hello Ash," The voice was deep and monotone

"Who? Who are you?" Ash managed to say

"Me? I'm your son. Gavin Ketchum and I'm here to kill you,"

"What?"

"Face it father, your end is near. I won't let you hurt any more people!"

"This... this must be a misunderstanding, I don't want to hurt anyone!"

"Enough with the lies!" Gavin said as he tossed a poke ball, revealing his first pokemon.

Ash suddenly remembered what his older self said, that he'd be tested like he never was before, forced to do something painful. And suddenly, it all made sense.

"Alright then, I'll show you!" Ash yelled as he tossed out his Dragonite

A Raichu flew out of Gavin's Poke Ball in response.

Ash smirked, "So, looks like the son takes after the father, huh?"

"Don't underestimate him again! Just because he's Pikachu's son doesn't mean that he's weaker!"

"Raichu, thunderbolt!" Gavin commanded right after

"Dragonite, fly up and dodge!"

"Again!" Gavin commanded