𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖙𝖎𝖈 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌

: ̗̀➛𝖞/𝖓 𝖕𝖔𝖛

𝖜𝖆𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖐𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖗𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖎 𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖒𝖞 𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝖙𝖔 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙. hoisting myself up was also not one of my brighter ideas either because immediately my head is sent crashing into a hard metal object. falling back to the floor accompanied by the loud clanking of the object. i groaned rolling over to the direction of the clanking, there lay a large frying pan. a puzzled look fell on my face as my gaze roamed up to the room around me.

floating around in mid-air was random kitchen supplies of any variety. i carefully rose for the second time. thankfully this time i successfully made it to my feet. "what the actual fuck is happening?" i mumbled, my breath became slightly staggered. my anxiety was rising and to make matters worse the supplies started moving around.  with every breath they seemed to get faster. i clutched my hair and shut my eyes. "oh my god just STOP!" i bellowed, sinking to my knees. 

CRASH

my body shook with every shatter. slowly i opened my eyes to meet a now-demolished kitchen. my legs shook as a picked myself up. slippery hands failed me and i fell slightly. fresh cuts formed from the glass shards, i couldn't feel it from the shock. the second i was fully to my feet i slipped out of the room and into the bathroom. 

i avoided the mirror as the image of my reflection of last night crept into my memory. i stepped out of my old clothes and into the shower. the hot water soothed my aching muscles but stung my bleeding hands. i stared blankly down at the drain. 

what was that? 

was it that crazy gas from last night?

 what the hell was that even about?  

why were my eyes glowing?

am i insane?

i was drawn out of my little trance by the ringing of my alarm in my room one door down. "god shut up." i mumbled, and then silence. ok, what the hell. i quickly finished my shower honestly not wanting to leave the warm chamber. i wiped the foggy mirror down only to nearly shit myself. there they were again those fucking glowing eyes. my hand came up to touch my under eyes stretching it out gently. i gulped realizing it's not a dream. oh god. how the hell is this happening?

stumbling out of the steamy bathroom and into my room i was met with the burnt corpse of my hello kitty alarm clock. lovely. today was defiantly a sweatpants day because THIS is not it. there were so many questions crammed into my head i could barely think straight and the only upside was the whole glowy eyes thing had stopped. i hadn't even realized a was pacing until my phone started buzzing. i lifted my hand and in the blink of an eye, the phone flew into my palm. i just blankly stared at it for a second before reading the caller ID. 

___________________________

INCOMING CALL

PETE:)

 ☑                   -                  ☒

_____________________________

i calmed myself before clicking the accept button. "howdy parker." i greeted. i heard a chuckle on the other line along with shuffling. "hey n/n, i've gotta question." he said. i could feel that dorky smile on his face as he said those words. i shook my head with a small smile. "you always do pete. shoot." i gazed down at my hands the bleeding had stopped at least. "excuse you. ok, so before school do you wanna get a snack or coffee?"  my smile widened at the mention of coffee. "hell yes. when and where?" i have never said a statement so fast in my life. "uh..there's a cafe right by the school is that good? at 7:30?" he said followed by more rustling, it sounded like papers. "race ya there parker." i giggled and hung up. i threw down the phone on my bed and made a quick glance at my mirror. thank god it was just good ol e/c staring back this time. 

everything is fine.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the fit was comfy but cute. cuz i'm in it duh. just some baggy black sweats and a baggy black shirt with a jacket and vans.

i left my room and walked passed the kitchen door. i sighed slowly backing up to the door again. shattered plates and scattered pots and pans littered the floor. this is crazy dude. i knelt down to one of the pots thinking back to all of the superhero movies i've seen. i looked at my cut up hands for a moment before bringing them up and pointed to one of the pots. i focused on the silver object. this is so stupid but if the floating wasn't because of the gas then maybe...it could be me?

before i could contemplate what had happened the single pot rose into the air. i couldn't help the dumbfounded look that fell on my face. holy shit i'm a fucking wizard.  harry potter better pack it up. "come on...come here.." and there the tingle was again. obviously not trying to murder me this time. it was more of an electric kind of feeling. before i could realize it my "focus on the pot" bullshit had it hurtling toward me. i quickly ducked down as it flew over my head and into the wall. 

great so not only was the kitchen destroyed but there is also a pot in the wall. 10/10 morning right here! i snatched my phone from my pocket to check the time. the bright numbers stared back and read 7:00. i huffed deciding this would have to be part of the lovely conversation with daddy dearest at the end of the day or i could just run away whichever came first. i grabbed my bag and my board and ran out the door. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the mental notes i was making as i rode through the streets of new york could have literally been a book. from whatever the hell that was with my father last night all the way to the glowing eyes and powers mumbo-jumbo. because not only am i going to school for some idiot reason with this going on but i'm also meeting peter. what if they start glowing again? i thought as i passed an old lady crossing the street. 

i was drawn out of my confusing train of thought as my ears were filled with the loud honking of a car. i looked back to see a car speeding towards the same old lady i had just passed. "holy shit!" i ditched my board throwing it to the bus stop and looked at my hands for a split second. please please please work! i raised my hands focusing on the woman trying to think of any way to get her out of the car's way. i felt the tingle run up my spine and just when the car was about to hit her frail figure time seemed to stop. it was as if i could feel everything around me. the birds, the people, the roaring engines...everything. i focused in on the old woman i could hear her heart beating rapidly in my ears. i couldn't move her now. i clenched my fists and there she went. her body became transparent as time seemed to go back to normal. the car went flying through her and into a light pole. the second it left her see-through body she went back to normal. holy shit i just did that. people flocked to the poor woman as she fell to her knees. i quickly covered my face with the hood of my jacket as people began to turn their attention to me. i scrambled to grab my board and ran as fast as my legs would take me. i just had to get to the cafe and everything would be fine. and just like that, i was...

a purple portal was formed in front of me showing the corner beside the small cafe. 

what. the. hell.

Published March 19 , 2022

Edited Jan. 15, 2023