𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖊

"𝔤𝔴𝔢𝔫? 𝔤𝔴𝔢𝔫 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝔪𝔢? 𝔬𝔥 𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔰𝔬𝔬𝔬𝔬 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔡𝔬 𝔞 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔭 𝔞𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔡 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔦 𝔲𝔥- 𝔦 𝔫𝔢𝔢𝔡 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔭."

"where out back exactly?"

"you'll know i promise its not like i'm dangling from a window or anything."

"YOU'RE WHAT?!"

*:・゚✧*:・゚

long story short i've never been more embarrassed in my life. like dude i've got powers and i'm hanging from a window thanks to my boyfriend who has a major hero complex. honestly i'm just exhausted hence why i'm waiting for gwen who hopefully has some safety scissors or some shit. "you know last i checked you could fly." i peered up to the window to find my favorite blonde smirking down at me. "ha ha stacy you're hilarious. now can you help a girl out?" i held my hands up like i was praying and pouted. she disappeared inside for a moment before reappearing with a large shard of glass. she began to saw at the webs, careful not to cut herself. "hey hey gwen hold up-" in an instant the web snapped. thankfully, i was quick to catch myself and land on my feet. "if i would have landed on my ass i would have kicked yours." i said, pointing a finger at her. she stuck her tongue out making us both laugh lightly. this is a serious situation and of course, gwen and i are here giggling like three year olds. i lifted off of the ground and up to the shattered window before slipping back into the school. "alright serious mode ok. we've gotta get a cure for him. that's not my level of expertise and as much as i don't want you in on this i need your help." i held her by her shoulders keeping eye contact with her. she nodded quickly taking my wrist so i would release her. "if it comes down to a fight that's my area got it. i'm gonna protect you and you make the cure, deal?" without a word she started to drag me down the hallway and past all of the destruction in the halls. the sirens could still be heard as we walked in silence. "ya know i could just make portal right or fly us there." i said into her ear as we made our way out of the double doors and faced the police and ambulances in the parking lot. "i'm aware and you aren't gonna do either.you look like hell and you need to rest as much as possible because i already know this isn't gonna end well."

i huffed knowing she was right, as usual. "gwen! gwen honey, come here!" her father appeared beside one of the ambulances with two other cops behind him. my phone began to vibrate in my pocket as i nudged gwen so i could answer the call as i already knew who it was. "peter parker you are a dead spider when i get my hands on you." i hissed into the phone, dodging the stares of the unoccupied paramedics. "i know i know i'm tracking him right now. i need you to get to oscorp quick and access the cross species file. it's the blue serum file 12389, got it?" he said quietly. "yeah i got it. peter please be careful." i looked up seeing gwen walking back over to me.  "i will and you better be too..." he hesitated at his words a little. "i will. love you spider boy." i bit my lip trying to hide the stupid smile that was spreading on my face. i heard him sigh on the other end. "love you too."

i hung up the phone and tucked it into my pocket. gwen just smirked the whole time as she watched me. "what?" i asked looked at her with a confused expression. she just shook her head still smirking. "nothing." i gave her a hard look making her tell me. "you just said the 'L' word. i'm freaking out a little bit honestly." she looped her arm with mine as she drug me to a police car. she had a giddy little look on her face making me roll my eyes. "gwen don't make me break your arm." she just laughed as she waved her father goodbye as he made his way to a helicopter. "i got us a one way ticket to oscorp therefore no breaking me, please and thank you."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

barging through the front doors, gwen and i made a beeline for the elevator and quickly mashed the floors button. we practically flew down the hallway we ran so fast, which i'm surprised about because gwen was in heels. "in here!" gwen steered us into an empty lab where she usually resided. i was keeping watch and switching between the large doors and windows while gwen cooked up the antidote. the timer was counting down so slowly it was about to give me a migraine. the tune of my ringtone filled the room as my phone rested on one of the counter tops. "hey pete are you ok?" the honking of new york traffic could be heard telling me he was finally back above ground. " y/n where are you?" his voice was frantic immediately making me freeze. "we're still at oscorp why?" i looked over to gwen as she watched the antidote carefully. "y/n listen to me please. both of you get out of there connors is on his way right now!" my father was on his way here and i have gwen here.

holy shit

i can fight i know i can even if i'm beaten to hell and back this needs to end tonight. i scrambled around the counter grabbing a pen and some paper. i waved my arm frantically drawing gwen's attention. i scribbled 'the big bad lizard is otw' and held it up letting her read it. she glanced at the clock for a moment before looking back at me. she stomped her foot confidently "i'm staying." i nodded curtly, "peter the antidotes almost done. we have to stay, there's still people here." i was speaking in my calm voice but inside i'm shitting bricks. this is fine. i'm fine.

"y/n there is no way you're staying there after what i just told you!" he was panicking again and honestly i don't even know what to say. obviously, since my father is on his way here to potentially kill me and gwen. plus if he's feeling a little feisty in his walmart godzilla get-up, he might just go after the innocent scientist in the building."i've got this, i promise. we can't just let these people stay here when he's gonna be here soon." the timer was now at seven minutes. "n/n what happened to being careful? this isn't being careful!"

"peter i'm so so sorry."

a/n

hiiii

sorry this sucks i'm sleep deprived, but i needed a little peter parker in my life today

sending love and good vibes

someone send me a burrito thx ;)

Published Dec. 13 , 2022

Edited Jan. 17 , 2023