𝖘𝖔 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖋𝖚𝖑

"𝖙𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖔𝖋𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖒𝖓 𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖐 𝖕𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖗."

i could see his figure remain rigid as he looked up at me. "w-who are you?" he asked skeptically. i huffed, floating down to be in front of him before allowing my feet to hit the roof of the skyscraper.

i guess i could finally come clean completely. i reached up removing the hood from my head and slowly bringing the mask down making sure to keep eye contact with where i assumed his eyes were. "suprise...." i said sheepishly doing jazz hands. "holy shit...y-you've gotta be joking." he said yanking the mask off of his own face. his hair going in all directions and i noticed the faint mark of a bruise on his cheek bone. the dark undereyes were still there from days before and his eyebrows were knit into a confused expression. "pete i can explain everything ok i promise just please don't be mad...please." my voice shook slightly this wasn't exactly how i had planned on telling him after all. he nodded his head slowly as i motioned for him to sit down so i could explain.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

just like gwen, i told peter the same story. i told him how i got my ability all the way to why i started using them as the phantom.to not freak him out completely i told him that i had wandered into my dad's lab and gotten into something i shouldn't have, resulting in my ability. was is a good idea? probably not but some things don't need to be out there all the time. peter had been watching my every move throughout my whole explanation. however, once i was finished it was silent for a moment as he looked down trying to comprehend my story, and i couldn't blame him it was a lot to take in. eventually he turned back to me and spoke. "so y-you started all of this to help me?" he asked. i could see tears pricking his eyes as he referred to his uncle. i scooted closer engulfing him in a hug. "of course i did pete. i had to find that son of bitch. you're the most important person in my life...even if you're like a part spider or whatever." i said making him laugh as wrapped his arms around me as well.

since the altercation at the subway, we hadn't talked but in this moment it just felt perfect. we just held each other taking in the fact that there were no more secrets at last. sadly though we had to let go at some point. we slowly pulled away from the hug and peter's arms sunk down in a more relaxed position on my waist. i held his face in my gloved hands as his eyes roamed my face. "ya know at some point we have to talk about the other day..." he whispered not breaking eye contact. i felt the heat rise up to my cheeks in an instant as i dropped my face onto his shoulder.
"you first please." my voice was muffled by his suit. he sighed, "well just so there's no more secrets..." he gently pulled me up from his shoulder so he could see my face. he combed a few stray hairs out of my face letting his fingers trace my skin as he did so. "i've gotta be honest... i've liked you since we were kids o-obviously i didn't know what it meant then but regardless i know that's what that was now. and i've never been this happy in my entire life. a-and i'm so sorry i ran the other night i didn't know what to say because i didn't want you to regret it or anything it just-" i cut off his rambling by smashing my lips to his quickly. that same weightless feeling took over my body again at his touch. i let my lips linger for a moment until i pulled away.
i opened my eyes to see a very stunned peter. his cheeks and ears were turning bright red as a dazed look filled his eyes. he shook his head a moment later as if he was coming back to reality. god this dork is gonna kill me. i held his face again as his complete focus was on me now. "i like you too you weirdo. i-i have since i met you actually and god having you back is a dream." i couldn't help the dorky smile that spread on my face. he smiled back as we rested our foreheads together.
"your eyes are glowing again by the way," he whispered poking my cheek. i jumped slightly whispering an apology "i'm sorry i thought i had it under control what the hell-" i squeezed my eyes shut trying to get myself to calm down but peter gently held my chin up making me look at him.
"don't they're so beautiful..."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

: ̗̀➛3rd POV

as badly as the two teens wanted to stay in each other's arms for the rest of the night they knew that they had to return home. the two shared one final kiss before parting ways. peter swung in the direction of his home as y/n lingered on the roof a moment longer. she sighed before lifting off of the roof as well but in the direction of her home. she thought about how this would be the first time in days that she would be sleeping in her own bed. the place which she ironically felt the least safe.

her thoughts the rest of the flight were filled with peter and the moment they just had. the feeling was electrifying in the best way. she flew over the nighttime traffic and waved to the few people who would look up and see her.

eventually, she was flying above her neighborhood. she touched down behind a tall fence quickly exchanging her hood and mask for an oversized "i ❤︎ NY" t-shirt she had bought at the airport on her first day. she then jumped the fence into the backyard and slipped into her room. she could sense her father with her powers as she tipped to the bathroom. "so...i see you have been having fun darling." her father's voice echoed from the kitchen. she cursed under her breath before stepping into the kitchen. "whatever are you babbling about now?" she said resting her elbows on the counter. she no longer was intimidated by him now that she could control herself. dr. connors took a long sip from his mug before flipping on the small tv beside her and there was the daily bugle's late-night report.

BREAKING NEWS!

SPIDERMAN AND PHANTOM TAG TEAM NYPD

a string of curses ran through y/n's head as she clenched her fist. her father was no idiot he had seen her power firsthand, hell he is the one who cursed her with them. "what about it then? finally gonna be a father and be concerned for me?" she said allowing her lavender eyes to shine at him. "oh my love...i advise you to heed my warning. stop this madness before someone gets hurt." he said taking another sip. y/n stepped forward twisting her hand and making the mug smash against the wall.

"go to hell."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

hi!

so the next chapters are gonna be action-packed cuz i'm sure you know what happens next. and bro i'm so excited imma try to write it all over this weekend (hopefully)

anyways thank you so much for reading

(and don't be shy to comment i love reading them lmao)

ilyyy

Published August 10 , 2022

Edited Jan. 16 , 2023