𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖓

𝖎𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖎 𝖉𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖉 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖌𝖜𝖊𝖓'𝖘 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖊𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖊. the setting sun sent a glare onto her window as i knocked alerting the girl to let me in. "how many times do i have to remind you that elevators exist?" she asked stepping aside so i could slip inside. i shrugged and began to change out of my suit and into the clothes i had left here from the branzino dinner a few nights ago. tonight wasn't that eventful, to be frank. the classic robber vs grandma occurred near central park which was entertaining for a moment because i didn't even have to step in. spoiler alert grandma kicked his ass.

my mind was still jumbled from my father earlier. his entire demeanor still had me on edge not to mention the odd marks i caught on the side of his face before he hurried out the door. the look in his eyes was something i had never seen before and out of all of the crazed looks that one had me rattled the most. the desperation in his dark eyes reminded me of the night my mother took me away from him.

"y/n are you ok?" gwen asked from her desk. i yanked the shirt over my head before turning around to give her a reassuring smile. "yeah of course. what are you working on?" i trudged over to the bed to lie on my stomach but kept my gaze on the blonde. she sighed throwing her head back, "i was working on some college applications but i'm just beat right now." she grumbled rubbing her eyes. i gave her a smirk flicking my wrist and making her laptop close. "that means you need to stop for the night hun." i scanned her room for the tv remote before flicking my wrist again making it flash across her room and into the palm of my hand. "that big ol brain needs a break. come and chill for a bit gwen." i said flicking the tv on. she rolled her eyes before finally getting up from her desk. "fine scoot over."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

my body jolted up at the knocking from gwen's window. "what was that?" gwen groaned beside me, we must have fallen asleep at some point. i looked closer at the window seeing the very obvious red and blue suit sitting beside the window. "it's peter i got it." i mumbled sliding off of the bed. i opened the window to get a closer view of my bloodied boyfriend leaning again the windowsill. "holy shit gwen go get a first aid kit!" peter groaned as my lavender power gently lifted him up and into the small chair in the corner of the room. "peter what hap-" i was frantic trying to figure out what he had gotten into until i was cut off. "gwen your mother made some hot cocoa!" mr. stacy's voice came from the hallway making the three of us freeze. "what do i do?!" she whispered to my terrified form. i gulped trying to think. "o-ok um just throw the first aid kit in here and distract your dad so he doesn't come in here so i can fix peter up." i whispered back to which she nodded and left the room.

a second later she threw the kit inside which i caught with my power before bringing it towards me. "jesus peter what the hell happened?" my eyes wouldn't leave the giant gashes across his chest for a long moment. "you should see the other guy." he breathed out laying his head back. i huffed, "i'll kill you in a second take the top off." he lifted his head for a moment with a raised brow to which i gave him a sharp glare. i'm not a happy camper right now as you might can tell.

a scared expression took over his face before he did as he was told. he slowly started to peel the spandex suit off of his upper body just enough for me to see the wounds across his chest fully. with a clenched jaw, i began to pat the wounds with the damp cloth gwen had shoved inside the kit. silence filled the room but i could feel him staring at me. "are you gonna tell me what you did or stare at me?" i mumbled as i switched from the cloth to disinfecting wipes. i drug them along his chest waiting for some sort of answer from the wounded boy. when the silence didn't seem to end i pushed down a little onto one of the cuts resulting in a low hiss from peter. "okay okay i'm sorry i-i just don't want you to be mad." he said taking my wrists into his hands and raising them off of his chest for a moment. i lifted my eyes from his injuries to his brown eyes. "well honestly pete it's a little too late for that."

his eyes shut and his head flopped back onto the armrest again and i went back to cleaning his cuts. "i found out who the lizard is...a-and i didn't take you with me because i had a hunch and i didn't want you to be there if i was right." he blurted out suddenly. i continued cleaning keeping the frown on my face. "so who is it then?" i asked keeping my head down. to the side, i could see his hands shake slightly whether it was anger or fear i'm not sure.

"it's your dad y/n"

𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚

silence works in mysterious ways. because in those few seconds, everything came at me at once. and i mean everything. every second that i had been in that house i knew something was being hidden. she knew what he was too. that's why we ran. that monster had cooked up his curse for me then himself.

ⁱ ˢᵉᵉ... ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃ ᶠᵃⁱˡᵉᵈ ˢᵘᵇʲᵉᶜᵗ ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ ᵃˡˡ ᵈᵃʳˡⁱⁿᵍ...

ᵒʰ ᵐʸ ˡᵒᵛᵉ...ⁱ ᵃᵈᵛⁱˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗᵒ ʰᵉᵉᵈ ᵐʸ ʷᵃʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ...ˢᵗᵒᵖ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵐᵃᵈⁿᵉˢˢ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ᵍᵉᵗˢ ʰᵘʳᵗ...

ᵍʳᵉᵃᵗ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ᵈᵉᵃʳ...

then there's the numbness, raking over my body like the fucking plague. my vision blurred as tried to find something to focus on. i shouldn't be this shocked. i mean the son of a bitch experimented on me. cursed me. his own child. why was i shocked?

maybe it's the inner child trying to convince herself it's not true. that daddy still loves his little girl. she can't face the fact that daddy died the day peter's parents did. his hopes and dreams went up in flames with that plane. and so his only option was to cook up his own experiments for his own selfish benefit and call it a cure. a stupid little girl she is.

the last thing i felt was more satisfying in a way. rage settled into my bones and flowed through my veins. rage is what i choose.

a/n

yall thought it was gonna be cute like the movie huh?

got yo ass HAHA

jk imma try to get something cute in the next one but for now we got the trauma😍

Published Oct. 20 , 2022

Edited Jan. 17 , 2023