𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖌𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖌𝖊𝖈𝖐𝖔

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS BLOOD AND VIOLENCE

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖉 𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖚𝖘 𝖆𝖘 𝖜𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖈𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖆𝖓 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖌𝖊. i flew up to the top instantly regretting the wardrobe gwen had forced me to wear. thankfully i had thought of this beforehand when i was training. in an instant, the dress had melted away to become my suit. i pumped my fist in victory as i wasn't completely sure it would work.

a moment later peter landed beside me as we both glanced down at the creature tearing away at the cars below. he quickly peeled off his shirt and jacket to reveal his suit. before pulling his mask down he grabbed me by the shoulders and turned me to face him.

"please be safe ok and don't do anything stupid." he said seriously. i sent him a smile and leaned into his ear. "no promises spidey." i kissed his cheek and jumped off of the archway before he could react. i flew around the weird creature going in slow circles over its head. it lifted a car above it'd head before it finally noticed me. a low grumble left its scaled lips before it threw the car over the edge of the bridge. before it got to far i caught the black suv and lifted it back onto the bridge and ripped the door off so the family could escape. before i knew it the reptile had charged at me and yanked me out of the air and slammed me down onto another car.

my vision blurred for a second as a red and blue figure snatched the reptile from above me. my breath had been knocked out of me for a moment but nevertheless, i rolled off the car and onto the cold cement of the bridge. i looked up to where peter was fighting the overgrown lizard. he seemed to have been in the same shape as me as he had been slung into a car as well. the creature was stalking towards him so i was quick to defend peter.

i stood up quickly, much to the distaste of my now bruised back, upon spotting the torn-off car door i picked it up with my power, and slung it at the lizard. it fell to its knees as its back was now facing me. i hopped up onto the car peter was slung into and helped him down to the ground. "are you ok?" i asked looking for any visible tears in his suit. he nodded his head as the screams of a man filled our ears. in my peripheral i could see the creature trying to escape. "go and help him i've got the overgrown gecko." i said pushing him towards the panicking man.

the creature had already climbed off of the bridge so i flew up in the air to search for where it went. i flew under the bridge right on time as i saw it tuck itself into a sewer." shit." i mumbled to myself when a sudden scream filled my ears. i looked up to see peter hanging onto a car while his webs were connected to the bridge holding them in midair. in a second the bumper of the car broke and the car was hurtling toward the water below.

before i could let myself think i allowed my lavender powers to catch the car so peter could get the little boy out safely. he looked over at me as i struggled to keep it in the air. my hands were shaking at the weight of the car. without realizing the front of the car burst into flames, i managed to keep the car up but i could feel the heat burning my hands with every second. i saw peter sling up with the boy in his arms. i could hear the grateful cries of the father as i finally let go of the car.

my head was beating when i slowly flew up to be beside peter and the two grateful citizens. the second my feet touched the ground i crumpled to my hands and knees as the need for air became more of a struggle. my eyes were fighting to stay open but the darkness was fighting just as hard. the searing pain in my hands wasn't helping either as it felt like the fire still lingered in the palms of my hands. i had never used my powers that much before and i honestly felt completely drained.