𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖈𝖆𝖙𝖈𝖍

trigger warning: this chapter has slight mentions of sexual assault and blood. please if you are sensitive please skip over the section. i will mark it off with "". stay safe my loves and on to the chapter.

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖋 𝖇𝖊𝖓 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖜𝖔𝖐𝖊𝖓 𝖚𝖕 𝖇𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖗𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖚𝖓𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖒𝖞 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘. i turned my head trying to avoid the god-awful light only to find i was in an empty bed. my body snapped up and out of the room down to the first floor. my footsteps ceased when the sound of sniffles filled my ears. i tipped over to the far wall and peered into the living room to see a sobbing may parker hugging her broken nephew. peter clutched a wanted poster with the police sketch of the suspect who murdered his uncle. i could feel my heart sink to my feet as i watched them both break down onto each other. i could see may's eyes occasionally glance up to a family photo of herself, ben, and peter yearning for her kind-hearted lover to come home to her.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

in the days following the passing of ben parker, i didn't see peter for one week. the word spread fast through the school which wasn't all that surprising. gwen was the only person i would really speak to since peter wasn't with me. she could tell the death had affected me as well but it turns out i can put on a pretty good mask. she would accompany me to every class only because the first few days i would skip classes. i got lectured of course.

after school ended i would walk gwen to oscorp and book it to the warehouse for more practice.i had figured with powers like these why not try to find a particular thief who may or may not have killed my friend's uncle? it's a solid plan for me.

so once the night fell out i went out with a hood covering my face with thick black eye makeup to cover some of my face in case things went sideways. i had a copy of the wanted poster tucked into my pocket as i had it practically memorized. the man was middle-aged, with shoulder-length blonde hair, slight facial hair, average height, and a star tat on his left hand. pretty straightforward.

i was walking past a restaurant when a shrill scream hit my ears. i dashed into the neighboring alleyway to find a man holding a woman to a wall by her throat. he was fumbling with his pants as a laugh escaped his lips. tears fell from her eyes as she begged him to let her go but his only response was a hard slam against the brick wall. blood had begun to trickle down her head and onto her shoulder as she became dislocated from her surroundings.

tears pricked my eyes as flashes of my mother's corpse blurred into my vision. every bruise and gash flooded through my memory making my blood boil. i conjured up the lavender power sending the man into the far wall. i caught the woman midair and carefully laid her on the ground while i tended to the man.

his description was so far spot on blonde hair, scruff, average height, and a sad excuse of a human being. that's pretty much all i needed. "damn dude so you're a creep and a killer what are the odds!" i say as he struggles to get to his feet. "y-you little bitch-" i interrupted him by slinging him into the wall again. i kneeled down grabbing his left wrist and was disappointed to find no star tattoo. "well you're in luck today bud. you won't get the shit knocked outta you for murder at the least." the whisps clutched at his throat as i picked him up off of the cement. he gasped for air desperately "oh is that a wallet i see?" i say snatching the wallet out of his jeans that were at his ankles. "damn and a tiny package to no wonder." i flipped through his wallet finding his i.d. "well allen all i can say is don't drop the soap." i giggle before properly knocking him out.

i made sure my hood was up before turning back to the woman. she was fumbling with her pants and shirt trying to hold herself together. i slowly made my way beside her helping her up. "are you ok ma'am?" i asked gently. she let out a small sob "h-how did you do t-that?" she stuttered holding her head. "the power of daddy issues does wonders."

i got the woman to the restaurant next door telling her to stay there until the police arrived. then i returned to tie the man to a gutter outside of the alley. lastly, i made my way to a public phone and dialed 911. "hello 911 what is your emergency?" the lady asked. i put on a good fake sob before replying, "m-ma'am i've just been assaulted i think he's been k-knocked out i j-just don't know what to do. i'm at the restaurant on 129 porter road please hurry he's in the alley right beside the building!" and with that, i hung up.

i waited on top of the building until the police came. they arrived with an ambulance and immediately got the woman inside and away from the man. the police surrounded and untied him from the gutter. "there's no way she did that on her own. you saw her she could barely walk." one cop said to the other. "you're right...maybe she had help?"

my next decision may not have been the smartest but it sure was awesome. making sure the hood was secure on my head i leaped off of the roof above the police and flew into the air waving them goodbye and laughing at their stunned expressions.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

the next morning i was skating to school with my headphones blaring 'custer' by slipknot into my ears. i passed a television store but was quick to turn back around at the news headline.

BREAKING NEWS

CRIME FIGHTERS CAUGHT ON CAMERA!

excuse me that says "fighters" as in plural. who else is there? the news reporter showed a video from last night as i flew into the night sky and the next video showed a man in an odd mask crawling up a building...

the reporters went on to describe the two culprits of the crime fighters showing their mugshots on the screen. no fucking way... blonde hair, scruff, and height, but no star tattoo.

flashes of peter with computer keys stuck to his fingers and the events in the subway flashed through my mind.

holy shit there is no way.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

omg hi

guess who's not dead!

i needed a breather for a little while stuff with fake people and mental things are not a good combo

anywho i come back and see this story has over 1k reads! THAT'S FREAKING INSANE TO ME OMG!!

thank you guys so so so much

Published July 26 , 2022

Edited Jan. 15, 2023