𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖘𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖕

TRIGGER WARNING:  THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS BLOOD AND VIOLENCE

𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔭𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔰 𝔦𝔫 𝔪𝔶 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔦 𝔞𝔰𝔨 𝔪𝔶𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣, 𝔥𝔬𝔴 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔡𝔦𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔲𝔭 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢? as i stared ahead watching as my father's lizard form had it's tail wrapped around my boyfriend's neck that same question echoed in my head again. how the hell did i end up on a roof about to fight my own father who not only experimented on me but was about to infect an entire city? time stopped for a moment as he turned his body to gaze at the captain and i. mr. stacy had his gun locked and loaded already aiming at his tall figure. i on the other hand just stared at him as i brought my hand up to remove my mask and hood so he could see the disappointment written on my face.

of course, i was beyond angry, that much was obvious. after all that had happened between him and i before the scales and the magic even then i had a right to be angry. but in this one moment as i tried to imagine my father's face behind the monstrous yellow eyes all i could feel was pure disappointment. the inner child was screaming and crying desperate for answers as to why he would do this and i couldn't give her an answer. so i pushed her back down until she was silent and allowed that burning anger to rise again. it was more useful in this scenario anyway.

upon the captain's first shot, i immediately took matters into my own hands. i conjured up a blast of energy sending it straight for the tail that had peter bound. i smirked to myself as peter and half of the tail hit the ground resulting in a pained roar from my father. the captain had hit the chemical pipes making the freezing chemical whip around. peter was quick to grab it and aim it at him. his scaled body was freezing and cracking by the second and the captain didn't waste a second to begin shooting again. chunks of flesh and tail were flying in every direction as he stepped back trying to find an escape from the freezing chemical. i peered behind him to find even more of the chemical stored in large canisters behind him. i didn't waste a second as i leaped forward and connected my feet to his chest and using my power as momentum sending him flying backward.

he flailed around as his screams filled the air along with mr. stacy's rounds made an impact on his flesh and the metal around him. i shot up into the sky creating a shield over the pit he was in and pressed down insuring he wouldn't be able to move out of it. "here!" i heard the captain shout to peter who was kneeling down watching me, " a gift from gwen!" he handed the cure over to peter with a curt nod before continuing his fire. he looked between the captain and i as his expression alone told me enough, he didn't want to leave us alone with him. "go peter we've got this bitch handled!" i shot him a grin as another roar echoed from below me. he shook his head before slinging up the tower.

i watched him make it to the top safely before turning my attention back to the popsicled lizard below me. the universe was apparently not on our side tonight which is a pain in the ass. the chemical that had been keeping him down this long suddenly ran out and the pipe went dry. i felt him struggling below me as his strength and limbs were returning. "cap step back!" i yelled as i pressed down harder onto his body. my call fell on deaf ears as he continued his rain of bullets to no avail. my hands were shaking and i could feel the burn of my eyes as they glowed. another roar sounded and not long after the sound of clattering metal. before i could even process what had happened i was knocked out of the sky by one of the chemical canisters. he caught me with one hand around my torso digging his sharp nails into my back resulting in a shriek escaping my lips. i could feel the blood oozing down my back and to my thighs as a low rumble left his lips. he then added insult to injury and slammed me down where he laid moments before.