𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖑𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖓

𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖈𝖙𝖚𝖛𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖒𝖞 𝖈𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖘 𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖇𝖞 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖞 𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖑𝖞. i spent most of my school day with gwen since i was honestly too shy to face peter. and trust me, gwen was not going to let me forget my daring move either. after the last bell of the day, however, as i was leaving my last class, he stood waiting for me. the heat instantly returned to my face as i smiled at him.

"hey parker" i said nudging his side. he shook his head smiling back at me. "hey connors" he said as we made our way down the hall. " what are you gonna do for the rest of the day?" he asked as we left the school gates. we threw down our boards and hopped on. "nothing much probably gonna nap or read i haven't decided." i said trying to cover the massive lie. i had planned to return to my little warehouse and practice a little more. "why what did you have planned?" he just shrugged as the wind whipped through his already ruffled hair. "w-well i was gonna skate a little while and um...go back to oscorp."

i huffed and rolled my shoulders back. "oh ok." i mumbled. my eyes trailed on the passing shops and trees. "um i'll uh catch you later ok?" i said turning to him again and flashing him a fake smile. i know avoiding shit isn't the best move and lying to him is even worse. but hey lemme live alright? i could tell peter wanted to bring it up but i just couldn't talk about it yet not until i had this shit under control. he just nodded as i zoomed away down to a random subway station.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

i had decided after who knows how long that i could move on from just crushing and throwing shit. since i had pretty much mastered that part maybe giving the whole flying thing another go wouldn't be such a bad idea. steadying my breathing and closing my eyes i began to concentrate on the feeling it gave me last time. soon enough i felt my feet lift off of the floor and into the air. my eyes snapped open and i looked down to see my feet hovering a good 3 feet above the ground. "holy shit i'm fucking flying!" before i could really comprehend it all i was dashing around the big warehouse. running along the sides of the walls and bouncing off of the high ceilings. i whipped around towards one of the windows to see the big bright moon in the sky. jesus how long had i been here? i slid down from the window to the floor and grabbed my phone from my backpack.

__________________________

11:35 p.m.

___

12 missed calls from pete:)

___________________________

i instantly called him back as my nerves shot through the roof. the phone's dialing tone was not helping as each second i got more concerned. what the hell could have happened to make him call me 12 fucking times? "h-hello?" finally he answered but his voice alone i could tell i needed to get to him right away. "hey pete what's wrong is everything ok?" i said as i frantically grabbed all of my things from the dusty floor. "god y/n i don't know what to do...i was late a-and there was a big fight and i l-left and now it's all my fault..." his voice was muffled as he sobbed. "peter what the hell happened?"

"it's uncle ben y/n. he's dead..."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

needless to say, the whole flying thing came to good use seeing as i got to peter's house in almost five minutes. i landed in an alleyway across the street once my eyes fell on the bright blinking lights of the new york police cars. three cars were parked outside of the house and through the windows, i could see them talking to may at the dinner table. her shoulders were slumped as she held a tissue to her face. i rushed across the street and up the steps to come face to face with one of the officers. "hey kid you can't be here right now." he said holding me back from entering the house. "i was told to come here. y-you can ask peter, just ask peter!" i said desperately trying to my friend. "ma'am i can't let you go in there right now." he said shoving me back a little. i sent him a hard glare and slowly slipped down the stairs. i flipped the officer off before walking down the street out of his sight.

smirking to myself as i lifted myself off into the air and up to the roof of the neighboring house. skipping along the rooftop and back to the parker's house above the officer. i lowered myself to peter's window, peering in i could see him sitting on the floor. his head was tucked in his knees as he held his phone to his ear listening to something. his shoulders shook as he listened and my heart broke just at the sight. i dropped my body down onto the top of the porch roof and knocked on the window.

instantly his head shot up as he wiped his face. i sent him a sad smile and a small wave as he rushed over to open the window. the moment it opened i threw my arms around him holding him as close as possible. his cries shook through his entire body as he held onto me for dear life. his head tucked into the crook of my neck and his arms held my waist tight. he tried to explain everything but his words were masked by his tears making them come out jumbled. all i could think to do was hold my mourning friend as close as possible and whisper comforting words.

eventually, peter cried himself to sleep on my shoulder. i huffed to myself knowing if he stayed like this he would be even more miserable from discomfort. gently my lavender whisps lifted him up into his bed and off of the cold floor.

i slowly got in beside him making sure he had some of the blankets. his arms instantly wrapped around me again bringing me closer. a sad smile fell on my face as i wiped away his remaining tears. i held his face in my hands running my eyes over every detail. swiping the fluffy brown hair out of his eyes i planted a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"i'm so so sorry pete..."

a/n

yall-

i haven't had wifi in a week and i was going insane

also sorry this chapter is complete shit i'm sorry:(

and late happy pride month babes

ily<3

Published June 27 , 2022

Edited Jan. 15 , 2023