𝖋𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖞 𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖚𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘

𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖜𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖒 𝖌𝖜𝖊𝖓'𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖆𝖑𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖙 𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖚𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖔𝖞𝖘 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖙 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓. i sat next to peter and gwen sat across the table from us. her father who was sitting beside me had been talking to his wife about something as we all began to eat. i glanced over at peter to see him struggling with the fish on his plate.

"need some help pete?" i whispered to him as he poked his knife at the fish on his plate. he gave me a side eye as he was slightly embarrassed. i get it all the fancy shit and we're sitting next to a man who wants both of us arrested it's obviously got his nerves rattled. he shook his head asking for help. i scooted closer to him taking the knife and fork from his hands and cut up the fish properly. "thanks babe..." he mumbled into my ear as i gave him his utensils back. chills ran up my spine at the name as he had never called me anything like that before so i was obviously flustered.

i gave him a nod as my rosy cheeks were obviously loud and proud. i looked over to gwen as i scooted back a little. she was doing a miserable job of hiding her smirk as she shoved more branzino in her mouth.

"hey dad did you catch that witch and the spider guy yet?" howard, gwen's little brother asked. i could feel peter go still beside me. i looked over at him giving him a looked that screamed 'stay fucking calm'.

mr. stacy cleared his throat,"no, we haven't caught them yet but we will. they're amateurs. they assault civilians in the dead of night. they're both clumsy and leave clues but they're still dangerous." he said before taking a sip of his drink. my eyebrows knit together at his words. assaulting people? really?

"t-they're assaulting people? i'm not sure i-i mean i saw that video of them and the car thief. and i think most people would say they're uh... providing a public service." peter spoke up making the chief of police give him a hard stare. it was obvious that he had never been spoken to by the supporters of the heroic duo.

i heard gwen let out a huff from across the table obviously uncomfortable with this discussion. but sadly the two continued. "well most people would be wrong." the police chief said narrowing his already hard glare onto peter, "if i wanted a car thief off the street he'd already be off the street." he finished as me and gwen made awkward eye contact. oh the joys of being a vigilante and having the police chief's daughter as your best friend.

"so why wasn't he?" peter asked keeping his innocent schoolboy questions going. i could tell it was riling mr. stacy up as he set his cup down harder than normal. me and gwen let out tense laughter trying to ease the conversation away but with no success, shocker i know.

"let me illuminate you. see the car thief was leading us to the people who run the entire operation. it's been a six-month long stanger and it's called strategy, i'm sure you're aware of the term strategy. maybe you've learned about it in school?" he said purposely trying to hurt peter's feelings it seemed. i could understand to an extent where he was coming from. yes, the operation was long and tiring i'm sure but we helped them. it's not like we knew about their whole plan. but needless to say trying to make peter sound like an idiot when he's one of the smartest people on the planet made me want to punch his teeth in. i clenched my fist under the table making sure i didn't say anything that could end badly for all of us. i looked up at peter as he looked down at his lap for a moment and nodded his head.