𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖞 𝖊𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖊 𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖒 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖇𝖚𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌. as the staff was clearing out of oscorp, gwen and i were hunched over my phone watching the latest updates on where the lizard was. captain stacy had ordered a mandatory evacuation of downtown new york thankfully so people were steadily leaving this area. there was no update on peter so far, which had me more on edge. it wasn't until we saw that my father was barely even a block away from us did i have to push all fear out of my mind. gwen had grabbed some machine that my father would be looking for and shoved it into the closet we had deemed our hiding spot. i climbed up onto one of the lab tables with a torch in hand and lit it quickly. immediately the fire alarms went off as more sirens blared the fire extinguishers deployed and the protective doors locked down. i took gwen by the arm and ran into the closet when the ground under us began to rumble.

"he's here. holy shit get behind me." i shoved her against the wall as i stood in front of her. outside the locked door, we could hear the bone-chilling sound of grinding metal. gwen's breath shook as she tried her best to keep quiet. i stepped forward to peer through the slots of the door, watching as huge gashes appeared in the steel door across the room. not a moment later the entire door fell to the ground with a crash making the two of us jump. i stepped back sandwiching gwen between the shelves and myself as i kept my eyes between the small slots of the door. the low rumble from him filled my ears as he stepped into the lab. i lost sight of him for a moment as gwen clutched onto the back of my suit with shakey hands.

the now dark room was deathly silent and my senses were going haywire. my one mission at this moment is to protect gwen and once she's out of here can i hand my father his own scaled ass on a silver platter. so when his yellow eyes connected with mine through that door that's exactly what i did.

protect gwen.

in one big sweep, i sent a blast of purple energy at him sending him and the metal door flying back across the room. "alright come on bitch let's go!" i cracked my knuckles watching as he rose to his feet. i quickly peeked over at the cures countdown, 2:03. i can stall that long.

i smirked and leaped up onto one of the lab tables, with the flick of my wrist i had random lab equipment spinning in mid-air. "look familiar?" i cocked my head to the side as he snarled at me. before he could make a move i hurled the equipment at him resulting in a loud screech from his scaled lips. he pushed past the flailing object and charged straight at me. before i could react he had me by the ankles and threw me across the room and through his own office wall. i hit the wall with a loud thud and i decided i was going to ignore the snapping sound my body made on impact. i fell back to the ground or better yet through his desk then i hit the ground. not a second went by before i heard gwen scream from across the lab making me ignore the pain coursing through my body and pick myself up again.

i had made it back to the main room but there was no sign of the lizard. "gwen!?" i yelled summoning up my power at my fingertips. i large breath left my lips when gwen's head peered around the corner of the door. "oh my god!" i sprinted across the lab engulfing her in a hug. "are you ok? did he do anything? i'm so sorry!" i said into her shoulder as she squeezed me harder. "it's ok i'm fine n/n i promise." she mumbled. "he got the device though i'm sorry i tried fighting him off a little." she said as we pulled away it was then that i saw the torch and spray in her hands. i smiled at her taking them from her shaky hands. " it's ok 'cause we've still got this." i jabbed my thumb in the direction of the cure.

'antidote completed'

*:・゚✧*:・゚

gwen and i dashed downstairs as she wouldn't let me make a portal down there so i could save my energy. i pulled my mask and hood back onto my face before we exited the large doors of the oscorp building. there we were met with the bright blue lights of the new york police cars. the eyes of the policemen instantly made my blood run cold as i was severely outnumbered now. "hold your fire!" captain stacy's voice boomed as he met us halfway. "gwen are you alright?" he asked taking his daughter's face into his hands. his eyes scanned over her as she rambled trying to find the words she was needing to get her father to understand the situation. his eyes darted over to me looking me over as well making me stiffen up. "gwen honey i get it. your friends are spiderman and the phantom i know." he said turning back to his daughter, "honey just get in the car and we will handle this." he said nodding over to me. under my mask, my jaw hung down in shock. how the fuck did he find out?

he took the vile from her hands and guided her to the police car much to her dismay. "gwen get in the car it's gonna be fine." i finally spoke up. she looked at me with tears in her eyes. "just both of you please be careful." she said looking between myself and her father. i nodded as she quickly hugged her father. "i love you daddy." i heard her whisper before he stepped away from the car. "i love you too gwen." his gaze lingered on her for a moment and as much as i don't want to interrupt this moment i knew i had to.

"sir", i rested my hand on his shoulder, " we've gotta go." he nodded and we rushed back into the oscorp lobby. i sighed as we looked between the stairwell and the elevator. "sir do you mind being a little adventurous tonight?" i asked looking at the police chief at my side. "kid we are about to fight a giant lizard on top of a skyscraper...bring it on." he sighed running a hand through his hair. i smirked flicking my wrist and making a portal to the top of the building appear. it's just at the double doors on the roof so we would be hidden when we stepped through. "i still can't figure out how you do that." mr. stacy mumble looking at the portal in awe. i laughed lightly as i stepped through offering him a hand, "i'll give yall a magic show when this is finished." he chuckled and took my hand as he stepped through as his other held his gun.

from around the corner, we could hear the struggle of a fight. "i let peter go earlier he should be here now." mr. stacy said from behind me to which i nodded. the sound of my father's voice made me stop what i was doing immediately.

"poor peter parker...no mother...no father...no uncle...all alone."

oh hell no.

"he's not alone!"

a/n

was this supposed to be published a fat minute ago...yes

did i delete it all and rewrite it because it was trash...yes

oh well

anyway i hope yall had an amazing christmas and a safe new years

my new year's resolution is to make a better-published schedule who knows if that will happen but this book is almost complete!

i have a rough plan of how i want to handle the next book and i'm so excited!!

anyways thank you for reading!

stay safe and ilyyyy<3

Published Jan. 5 , 2023

Edited Jan. 17 , 2023