𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗

𝔭𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔲𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔮𝔲𝔦𝔠𝔨𝔩𝔶, 𝔦 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔫𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔞𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯𝔰 𝔞𝔰 𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔫𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔤𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔰 𝔡𝔬𝔬𝔯.i stared down at my socked feet in disappointment as my ears perked up as may rounded the corner with a concerned look present on her features. "what was that all about? are both ok?" she came forward to rest a hand on my shoulder as she looked between peter and i waiting for our answer. "we um...we had to stop being friends that's all." i mumbled with a sad smile. 

she cocked her head to the side in confusion, "what do you mean she seemed like a nice girl...she didn't say anything about that incident with your father did she sweetheart?" i was quick to shake my head as i wanted that thought out of her head immediately. "no may gwen wouldn't do that it's just..."i couldn't think of anything to tell her and honestly there was no good excuse without outing ourselves. peter cleared his throat as he sat up from the door. "we just aren't good for her aunt may." he looked at his aunt with sad eyes and she immediately went into mama bear mode. her grip on my shoulder tightened so i would look up at her as she took her nephew's hand as well. "if there is one thing that the two of you are it's good, do you hear me? and if anyone has a problem with that they can talk to me." she gave a smile before bringing us both into a warm hug. "now dinner is gonna be ready soon and y/n don't even think about leaving." she said pointing an accusing finger at me making a grin form on my face. 

"yes, ma'am."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

peter and i had wandered back up to his room knowing we couldn't leave now with may forcing us into house arrest. i was laying on his bed curled up in the comforter as usual and he was sitting across from me in his computer chair gazing at his phone. a small ding sounded before the voice of uncle ben rang through my ears. 

"peter...i know things have been difficult lately and i think i know what you're feeling..."

peter rested his phone on his desk and glance up at his cork board above his desk. there were the few photos he had of his parents and an old photo of may and ben and the wanted sketch of ben's killer and lastly a picture he had taken of me kissing his cheek. 

"since you were a little boy you've been living with so many unresolved things...well take it from an old man those things send us down a road and make us who we are..."

a sigh left his lips as he rose from the chair and flopped on top of me. the bed springs squeaked as an exaggerated groan came from my lips. he rolled off quickly as i raised the comforter for him to slip under with me. he wrapped his arms around me bringing me closer to him as we kept listening to the old voicemail. 

"and if anyone is destined for greatness it's you, son. you owe the world your gifts you've just gotta figure out how to use them. and know that wherever they take you we'll always be here...so come on home peter...you're my hero and i love you."

a shrill beep sounded indicating the message was over and i stroked peter's hair as his face was tucked into my neck. "he's right ya know." i whispered into his ear after a moment of silence. he hummed tilting his head up slightly to lay on the pillow so he could see me. "you are destined for greatness peter...and you are an amazing hero." i kissed his nose as a wide grin fell on his face. he tightened his hold around my waist as he rested his forehead on mine. "i thought you were the cool one out of the two of us. did i just get promoted?" he asked brushing his lips on mine. "for the sake of your ego i'll let you think that, bug boy."