𝖐𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖊

"𝖍𝖔𝖜'𝖉 𝖎𝖙 𝖌𝖔?"

"they finally left me the hell alone."

since the night at oscorp last week the police had been breathing down my neck endlessly. they had questioned me for hours the first few days then collected as many files as they could from the house and the remainder of his things from oscorp. i wasn't worried in the slightest since the second i left the scene of the attack i came home and destroyed any files that i could find pertaining to the experiments conducted on me. eventually, they concluded that i wasn't involved and left me with the news that the house and any leftover savings would fall on me. at least i get one thing out of this shit storm.

my only problem now is getting used to being in the house. ever since i got here there were only a handful of nights that i actually slept in my own bed and now with him gone i don't know what to do with the newfound freedom. at every turn of a corner, i expected to see him standing there waiting for me. which brings me here face first on peter parker's bed trying to forget it all.

"you know it starts soon. we've gotta get moving if we wanna make it on time."

"i know...just trying to forget the fact that we're about to spy on a funeral."

to make matters even more joyous peter and i had decided that we were going to strain the captain's promise today. his funeral was in an hour and we couldn't resist not attending even if we couldn't talk to gwen. i had been practicing making myself and peter invisible for the past few days so we were prepared to sit at the back of the church for the service. hopefully, we won't get haunted for this.

peter used his webs to sling us through the city, much to my stomach's dismay, and we arrived at the church right before the service started. we landed across the street as the final groups of people were filing into the building. "don't overdo it ok you still need to rest." peter said pointing a warning finger at me. i rolled my eyes and took the hand that was pointing in my face, "alright mom." we dashed across the street almost getting hit by a few taxis before finally entering the church. the second we stepped inside i made sure no one was in the small lobby before making the two of us vanish. "did it work?" peter whispered in my ear to which i nodded and pointed to the mirror across the room. peter stared at the mirror that bared him no reflection in awe. i chuckled as i took his arm again, "you're not the only cool one around here bug boy."

upon entering the main room we quickly figured out there was not going to be a place we could stand and not be caught. it was as if the entire population of new york city was stuffed into the chapel. i glanced up at the beams that connected the ceiling above us as a smirk settled onto my lips. "don't make a sound." i whispered to peter before lifting the two of us up to the beam that was above the center of the room. peter's grip on my arm was tight as muffled curses left his lips until i rested the two of us on the beam. "i'll stick to my web shooters thank you." he huffed sending me a small glare. i nudged his side with a grin, "just say you're jealous you can't fly pete." i giggled lightly at his offended expression but before he could respond with his snarky comeback the low tone of the organ filled the room.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

the ceremony was as you'd expect the captain of the police force's funeral to be. i paid attention for the first 30 minutes but i couldn't help that my eyes fell on the girl in the front row. her shoulder shook as she held a tissue to her nose. she cried silently to herself as she held her mother's hand when the music engulfed the room towards the end of the service. however, she had composed herself for her brothers by the time the casket was taken out to the hearse. she took her youngest brother's hand and walked right under us and through the doors back to the lobby.