𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘

𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖜𝖊 𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖞 𝖆𝖘 𝖞𝖔𝖚'𝖉 𝖊𝖝𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖙. no biggie though since we planned to meet with gwen first thing by the football field. peter had his hand in mine as i drug him out of the double doors and towards the field. we raced up the steps to get a view of the empty bleachers. "am i on something or is gwen stacy late?" i said looking to peter who threw his arm over my shoulder. "she's probably on her way here, come on." he said leading us over to sit down and wait for the blonde.

the football players were practicing on the field today so it wasn't completely silent. i laid back like peter and rested my head on his shoulder. "did you bring your eight-legged friend pete?" i mumbled slowly closing my eyes. i felt him plant a kiss on my temple before resting his head on top of mine. "yeah i did he's in my bag." he chuckled lightly. i laughed as a thought popped into my head. "you know pete it's funny that i like you so much." i giggled as he shot up immediately giving me a confused look. "w-what do you mean?!" he stumbled over his words obviously shocked. "i mean it's funny i like you since i hate spiders." i covered my mouth trying not to laugh at his dumbfounded expression. he blinked a few times before replying with a small smile forming on his face. "i really don't know if i should be offended or flattered." i leaned up to kiss his cheek quickly as i saw gwen's head pop up over the railing.

she made her way over to us and engulfed the two of us in a hug. "how are my favorite vigilantes doing after nearly killing me?" she said with a cocky grin. she sat on the seat below us as peter began to fish through his bag. "i'm delightful if you must know. i'm a little confused as to why we are meeting out here though." i replied to the blonde. the truth was peter hadn't mentioned why he was bringing the spider that gave him his abilities but i guess the future valedictorian would be giving me some answers. once it was pulled from his bag he handed it to gwen for her to inspect. "i asked peter to bring it because he had mentioned it the other day and i have a few questions. wow, it's so beautiful." she mumbled the last part as her eyes roamed over the enclosed spider carcass. peter scratched the back of his neck with a chuckle, "yeah but it's got a bite though." i sent a smile linking our hands together again.

"you don't believe what the police are saying do you?" i asked turning back to gwen. she handed the spider back to peter as she shook her head. "of course not! does it- does it scare you guys? what you can both do?" she asked leaning her head on my knee. i bit the inside of my cheek as i thought to myself for a moment. obviously, i was scared in the beginning but now that i have a better hold on it i'm more confident in myself. obviously, there are times when i'm scared of my emotions getting out of hand but being able to help people is something i would never pass up. peter was quick with his answer however he squeezed my hand as he shook his head quickly. "no." he looked at me for a moment waiting for my answer. "nope." i replied giving them both a smile.

"what did that thing on the bridge look like?" she asked looking more at me since she knew i chased it. "looked like something straight outta jurassic park if i'm being honest." a flash of the creature appeared in my head. something about it was familiar but i couldn't place it. "you two have to lay low." i could practically feel the concern radiating off of gwen. she was worried and i honestly don't blame her. this thing is terrifying and we don't know what or who it is. "can't do that...the people on the bridge that thing that was attacking them would have killed them. and i've gotta go after it." he said with a serious tone. my eyebrows knit together in confusion. hold the hell up. 'i've gotta go after it' hell no. "we have to go after it. and we will find it." i stated with a clenched jaw. he began to protest when gwen cut him off. "that's not either of your jobs. it's dangerous." she sat up straight glaring at the both of us. i huffed putting mine and peter's banter on hold for a moment. "hasn't it always been gweniepoo." i said, ruffling her blonde hair. she quickly swatted my hands away to keep the conversation serious but we were both soon lost in fits of giggles. we were pulled out of our mini war by peter as he dove slightly in between us and caught a football that was hurtling towards us. he then proceeded to throw it back towards the players but his terrible aim resulted in a dented football goal. he cringed at himself for a moment bringing his hands to cover his face as if he was hiding. gwen and i looked out onto the field in astonishment for a moment until i nudged the dork beside me.