𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖊

𝖕𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

𝖎 𝖏𝖔𝖑𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖞 𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖒. i groaned, flopping over and slamming my fist on the top to make it shut up. i tried to settle back under the covers when i became aware of the tight grip around my waist. y/n was still hugging me not that i'm complaining. i settled down again, wrapping my arms back around her. she almost immediately snuggled back up to me burying her head in the crook of my neck making me chuckle. my heart was doing somersaults as a dopey smile grew on my face.

i knew she wanted to talk about something else last night and i knew i was going to have to give her answers about what happened at oscorp eventually.  but come on what do i say "oh hey so i got bit by a spider at your dad's lab and now i'm worried for my life!" great plan peter. i looked back down at her sleeping face and come to think of it i've never seen her this relaxed. during those years without her, i didn't really make any other friends for the most part and just kind of laid low i guess. i got pretty good at skateboarding and developed a love for photography along with getting pretty good grades in school but it was always just quiet. aunt may and uncle ben were all i had for a while...until now at least.

"𝘱-𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳...𝘪 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶"

"𝗶 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼𝗼...𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵"

i groaned and gently removed her arms from around me before rolling off of the bed. i looked back down at her sleeping face again before scurrying to the bathroom.

what is this girl doing to me?

𝖞/𝖓'𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖛

my eyes fluttered open to the sun's rays blinding me. i rubbed my eyes and sat up taking in my surroundings. oh yeah, i crashed at peter's. speaking of peter, he was nowhere in sight. "he probably went down for breakfast?" i mumbled as i stood up and stretched out my joints. i make my way out of his room and down the stairs toward the kitchen. i turned the corner to find ben at the table reading the paper and may finishing up a big batch of pancakes, but still no peter. "oh good morning sweetheart! here i just finished up breakfast come and sit!" may said ushering me over to the table. i sent a big smile to ben as he raised his cup of coffee to me in return. may had set down a stack of delicious pancakes in front of me when there was a crash from upstairs. well, i found peter. may rolled her eyes as she sat down beside her husband.

it had been a few minutes since the crash and peter still hadn't come downstairs. not gonna lie i was getting nervous, especially after yesterday's events. i ended up wolfing down the remainder of my pancakes and grabbing a plate for peter and two cups of coffee for the both of us. my hands were full as i awkwardly thanked may for breakfast and hurried up the stairs.

the door was cracked so i bumped it with my hip and announced "your savior is here peter parker! i bring may's specialty pancakes and coffee!"i hurriedly set everything down and turned to see one of the oddest sights of my entire life. there sat peter, a look of just pure shock on his face as he stared down at the toothbrush and busted toothpaste tube in his hands.  for a moment i almost laughed until i realized:  uh oh y/n lab situation from yesterday!

i swiftly moved over to sit beside him and slowly tried to remove the objects from his grasp. he suddenly whipped around, his back knocking into me as we both fell flat onto his bed. his hair was all in my face but past that i could see him holding his toothbrush out like a sword towards the window. "uhhh peter are you good?" i whispered in his ear. he moved his head so he was now staring at me upside down. i could feel how heavy his breathing was as he stared past me and up toward his ceiling. i looked up to find a small black spider above us crawling toward his shelved skateboards. i shivered in disgust fuck spiders bro.

his next move was towards his computer. he stumbled over catching a paper on his foot almost like it was stuck there. i could hear him mumbling to himself as he typed. i could see the search icons popping up. first, it was spider bites then spider breeds. the last thing was pure jibberish but i could make out richard parker only before he lifted his hands to show the keys were now stuck to his fingertips. ok, that's enough.

i stood up and pulled his chair away from the computer and turned him to face me. "ok enough of that bullshit. explain what happened now." i stated giving him a hard stare. he fiddled with his fingers knowing he wasn't going to get out of this now. he began to explain how he went away from gwen's tour to see if he could find something out about his father's experiments. he said that he wandered into a room full of spiders and how they suddenly fell on him. he thought he had gotten them all off until one bit him when we were leaving. he moved over to his drawer to pull out a small jar and indeed there was a small crystal-like spider inside. i asked him about the symptoms he's had since and how that might be connected to the subway accident last night. he shrugged and pulled out a leather briefcase.

"whatever is happening the answer is in here. that's all i really know," he said, before face-planting onto the bed beside me again. he groaned into the blankets as i nudged his side. he rolled into my lap looking up at me with a pout. i gave him another stare as he held up his hands in defense. "that's all i promise." he mumbled. i softened my gaze when his hand rose up to my cheek. he cupped my face as a dorky grin came onto his face. i smiled down at him as tears formed in my eyes. "why are you crying?" he sat up bringing me into his chest. "i-i don't know...i just want for you to be ok, ya know. and-"i cut myself off once we figure his stuff out i'll tell him about all of my shit. it's not that important right now anyway.

speak of the devil there it is. the tingle rose up through me. only this time it was gentle and more comforting i guess. i felt peter's arm tighten around me as he whispered into my ear, "hey listen i'm gonna be just fine ok.  i-i promise!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

for the rest of the day we analyzed the shit out of every document inside that briefcase. we had even migrated to the balcony outside of his window for some fresh air. peter sat at the edge while i laid on my stomach in front of him. "next please." i said adding the last paper to the stack in front of me. "hey! what are you two doing up there?" i looked over the ledge to find ben staring back at us with a confused expression. i laughed as peter and i answered with "homework!" he shook his head and climbed up the stairs telling us to be careful and closed the front door.

it was around four when peter flopped down to lie on his back. "i've gotta talk to your dad," he said messily shoving the papers back into the case. my body froze at those words. i'm not gonna be able to stop him because, in all honesty, this will lead to answers about his dad AND the bite. the best option is to just go with him. just roll with it. "y-yeah of course. um, i can take you there now if you want." i turned around to find him already standing with a hand out to me.

"well, let's go then."

Published April 9 , 2022

Edited Jan. 15 , 2023