˗ˏˋ 𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊'ˎ˗

𝔦𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔡 𝔟𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔥𝔰 𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔞𝔱 𝔬𝔰𝔠𝔬𝔯𝔭 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔣𝔲𝔩 𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱. i had picked up a job at the daily bugle since i knew for a fact there was no chance oscorp was going to hire another connors family member. i was hired as a photographer and i "specialized" in my fantastic shots of the famed vigilantes of the city...aka i forced peter into getting into poses for the pictures and vice-versa. i didn't mind the trash-talk that lingered at every corner about spiderman and the phantom if anything it was amusing to hear the made up things about myself and my boyfriends alteregos.

the city was in safe hands as peter and i took down anyone who came our way. as if it were possible we grew even closer because of it. there were barely any nights that we were apart, whether it was his place or mine. he was a big part of me getting comfortable in my own home again as i no longer tipped around the house on edge 24/7. the two of us had even rearranged the house completely to match my style as we tried to wipe away any reminder of who used to live here.

on top of that, i was maintaining my high grades in school which i was surprised with. gwen and i had made up despite the guilt that would pop up every once and a while. she was begging me to apply to colleges with her and frankly, i had no idea what college i was even wanting to go to, which resulted in many rainchecks on my end. it was now april which not only means graduation in a month but the endless annoying gossip about the upcoming prom. even gwen had gotten in on it as she had been asked out at least five times now. she had told me that she had actually accepted one of them but was keeping it secret to surprise me. every day as she met up with peter and i at the front gates she would whisper in my ear, "has he asked yet?" to which i would roll my eyes and shake my head. and every time she would give peter a glare before talking about the dance extra loud as if trying to nail the idea in peter's head. i'm not going to lie a part of me was grateful but another was slightly disappointed. yeah, dances were cliche and over-hyped most of the time not to mention dresses aren't really my vibe but at the end of the day you only get one prom. and no i'm not gonna be that bitch that wears converse.

i think i'd rather fight my father again than be that tacky.

peter and i had just finished our patrol of the city a little early and were now lounging at the top of the empire state building. my mask was rolled down and peter's was being worn like a beanie on top of his fluffy hair. my head lay in his lap as we watched the sun go down behind the skyscrapers. his fingers threaded through my hair as a sigh left his lips. "what's up peter?" i asked shifting my head to glance up at him. "i was just wondering...what do you think about the whole dance thing?" he bit his lip as he tried to piece his words together. i squinted up at him in confusion, "what do you mean?" his head flew back with a low groan. i giggled as i tried to figure out what he was getting at. "i mean like you haven't exactly been all giddy about like gwen has. are you not excited or anything?"

a moment of silence engulfed us as i tried to think of a good way to be decreet about my thoughts on potentially wanting to go. "i mean it's a dumb little dance yeah but i would like to go. but it's in like two weeks so i doubt i can find a dress in time."i said bringing my eyes back to the sunset in front of us. he cleared his throat as he brought the two of us to stand. "don't kill me." he whispered in my ear before covering my eyes and guiding me around the roof of the building. "peter if you're gonna hurl me off the empire state building at least make it climactic gosh amateurs these days-" it was then that he stopped us and took his hands off of my eyes. there in the remaining sunlight 'prom?' was spelled out from peter's webs on the side of one of the buildings that were under construction.

my hands shot to cover my mouth as i gawked at the glistening webs. "i-i know it's not anything fancy like you should have but would you wanna go?" he rocked back and forth on his toes as i turned around with a wide smile. i was quick to pull him into a kiss and we held each other for a long moment before i pulled away. "of course, i wanna go with you...but what are we gonna wear everything good is probably cleared out." he smirked down at me before looping his arm around my waist and jumping off of the building with a terrified screech leaving my lips the whole way down.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

we landed on peter's roof and i scrambled to the ground, "OH SWEET LAND I'LL NEVER LEAVE YOU AGAIN!" i layed on my stomach as my suit melts off of my body and was replaced with the clothes i had previously been wearing. "oh whatever swinging is wayyyy better than your little magic tricks sweetheart." he laughed and motioned for me to stay put as he slipped into his bedroom window to change. he reappeared a moment later and i was still laid out dramatically. he lifted me up by my shirt before bringing the two of us down to the front door after making sure the coast was clear. "wait what are we doing exactly?" he shrugged his shoulders teasingly obviously trying to keep this a secret as well. we entered the house and peter steered me into the living room. there may was standing with a wide smile on her face. peter and may exchanged a nod before she stepped aside to reveal...

 peter and may exchanged a nod before she stepped aside to reveal

i gasped as my eyes roamed over the dress. tears pricked at my eyes and i was quick to rush over and give may a tight hug. "how did you guys even do this?! you shouldn't have done this oh my god!" i knew that the two were at a crunch for money so i was shocked that this beautiful dress was here. "me and may picked it out a few weeks ago i was just trying to figure out how to ask you for a while." peter spoke up as he scratched the back of his neck. "peter..." i gave him a hug as well nuzzling my face into his chest, "thank you...may i'm paying you back when i get my check at the end of this week!" she huffed and rolled her eyes," you most certainly are not young lady! it's not every day my nephew and his beautiful girlfriend go to the prom!"

a/n

tehehe so this is the first part the second is already up as well

i hope yall like the dress inspo cuz gorl black looks seggsy on you

i hope you enjoyed the first part of this little mini-chapter

thank you for reading ilyyyyy

Published Jan. 11 , 2023

Edited Jan. 17 , 2023