Chapter 26.

"Jasmine what's going on with you and the marauders? I thought you liked them." Avi asked the girl, she sighed and placed her book down.

"I don't know." She rubbed her eyes and looked at the boys. "It's mostly my fault. I told them I just didn't want anything more."

"Honey we know that's a lie." Mitch told her, she snorted and looked out the window.

"Jasmine, it's okay to be scared. Most people don't end up with their soulmates, it's just how it works. But you have a real chance here, what's life with out a little risk?" Kevin responded to her.

"I'm afraid, I know I shouldn't. I'm afraid that they'll choose Lily over me." She whispered, she didn't even trust her own voice.

"To be honest, you're much better than Lily. And I'm not just saying that. Lily is selfish, she's rude, and most of all she's trying to still your man, not to mention what she did to you." Jasmine nodded at the wise words of Avi.

"Yeah, did I tell you she told our aunt that James is her soulmate." Their eyes went wide, Kevin choked on his water and looked up at her.

"What a bitch!" Mitch and Scott yelled at the same time. Jasmine shrugged and looked down pulling at the frays on her sweater.

It's been a few months and it is now spring. Jasmine was walking outside with her hands stuffed inside the pockets of her black jeans. She took in the cool morning breeze of the spring weather and looked at the flowers that were started to sprout. She pulled a book out of the bag that was hanging on her shoulder. She sat down at the tree, her back against the cool bark and opened the book. She started reading, tuning out the younger kids running in the field.

"Jasmine." A soft voice was heard pulling her from the book, she looked up and saw Remus standing there. She took a deep breath and looked at him before looking back down. She didn't say anything but just continued reading her book. "Jasmine... did we do something?" She furrowed her brows as he sat down next to her.

"What do you mean?" She knew what he meant, she just did want to face what was happening.

"I mean, did me or any of the other boys do something to make you upset?" She shook her head and went to get up.

"No it's not you." The clouds were rolling in fast and Remus didn't seem to notice as he was to frustrated, he had been asking himself if it was his fault.

"Then what is it Jasmine? I want you. Sirius wants you. Peter and James want you." His voice cracked and she just shook her head.

"No, it's me. I can't. I'm to scared, so many things can go wrong and I don't want to get hurt again." It was like she was being compelled to say this, she turned around so she wouldn't have to say anymore. Remus moved forward and gripped her arm softly turning her.

"Jasmine," he let out a small whimper, "it frustrates me, you're not letting us in." He pulled her closer and she just shook her head.

"No, you'll chose Lily. No one ever chooses me. James and eventually you will chose her. That's the way it works." She said, thunder was started to sound out in the sky. He looked at her like he'd been punched in the gut.

"What are you talking about? I would never choose Lily over you, I could never love Lily." Jasmine was so emotionally tired she let Remus pull her in, she wrapped her arms around his waist and he held her shoulders. The rain started to come down and Remus pulled her next to the tree. The leaves were blocking most of the rain coming down, still some still came down lightly on them.
"You know, I was worried about what you would do when you found out about me being a werewolf." He whispered and she looked up at him.

"Just because your a werewolf doesn't make you a bad person." She said looking at him. She looked into his chocolate brown eyes and he looked into her brown ones. He cleared his throat as the rain started slowing down.

"Just because you're a Slytherin doesn't make you a bad person either. Jasmine, this probably isn't the best time to ask this but will you go to Hogsmeade with me?" Jasmine stopped moving and her breathe caught in her throat. Jasmine quickly got up and suddenly felt desperate for her touch back.

"Remus, I want to open up to you. I really do, but I can't bring myself to do that. I'm broken, you want someone who can give you more than I can. Hell, you're out of my league." Remus cut her off.

"No, Jasmine. You're perfect. You're not broken, if anything I'm the broken one." She just shook her head, she picked up her bag and looked at the tall boy.

"Remus, it's not fair for me to do this to you. Go find someone that can care for you." Remus went to stay something but she was already walking up the small hill to the castle and left him there in the shade of the tree.

"Damnit Jasmine." He whispered to himself as his sight started to get blurry and he leaned his head against the tree.