fortytwo.

With half a meatball still in my mouth, I got a message from Tony half way through dinner tonight saying that I needed to be at the compound immediately. Now there's two things about having a double life that Tony doesn't understand so much. The first being, I can't just get a helicopter flown to me in Queens and jump onboard in front of my legal guardians. The second thing, is that I'm running out of excuses to give May and Ben.

"MJ says there's a late screening of Batman playing at the cinema in Soho, can I excuse myself from the table and pack a bag?" I asked, obviously feeling bad I was leaving halfway through dinner.

"You're not going to finish your food? It's your favourite, I made especially for you," Ben frowned, twirling some strands of spaghetti around his fork.

"I'll eat it as leftovers tomorrow, I don't want to fill up inside we share popcorn and stuff," I said apologetically, standing up slowly to see if Ben and May would question me and potentially ask me to stay home.

As much as I was an adult and could make my own decisions, I had to respect their wishes about constantly leaving their house whenever I wanted. I still wanted their permission.

"Alright, be safe. Text us when you get back to the Jones' house after the movie..." Ben trailed, watching me run upstairs quickly and grab a backpack with practically nothing in it.

I always kept some random shit in my backpack for when I had to 'leave' suddenly. It had my suit, and it had a scrunched up sweatshirt. That's it. It looks kind of full, but it's really not. I ran back downstairs and told them I was already late, thanking them for letting me leave and rushing out the door.

I crawled up the wall of the apartment building quickly to get to the roof, messaging Tony back to ask where he was sending the helicopter to. God fucking damn it, why do old people take so long to type? I've been staring at the three dots forever now!

TONY
Can you get to LaGuardia?

Y/N
The airport?

TONY
No the donut shop

TONY
Yes the airport

Y/N
Yeah gimme ten mins

I pulled my suit from my bag, putting it on to swing my way to the local airport which was luckily in Queens. If he's asked me to go half way across New York City I would've given up. There were a few times where I had to hide from passing police cars, knowing full well that they still had permission to shoot me on sight. Which again, is really fucking cool of them to do.

How come Mayor Fisk doesn't want the cops to shoot Captain America huh? What about Iron Man or god damn Hawkeye? They're all in New York too... This is some god damn bullshit, I'll tell you that now.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket when it buzzed, smiling to myself when I saw a message from Harry:

HARRY
So when can I see you?

HARRY
Like a proper date where
we get to know each other
and you see me past the
drunk guy giving you a
hello kitty toy

Y/N
I'm super busy lately but
I promise I'll tell you when
I'm free next :)

It annoys me that I can't really plan things in my personal life. Imagine if I tell someone I'll go to dinner and then I see someone trying to jump off a bridge on the way there? I'll look like an asshole for being late to the dinner! I guess I'll just have to suggest a time during the day and hope that nobody needs Spider-Woman. Eventually I boarded the helicopter and was flown to Avengers Compound, pulling my mask off and walking into the main living quarters with a huff.