1x09: Cutthroat 2022

The next morning hit quicker than usual. Wyatt seemed to be pretty upset, waking up a little earlier to take some time to clear his mind. "Well you guys, we're almost there. Top 5." He muttered wistfully to himself, looking around at the empty beds his friends once occupied. In truth, he was a little disappointed that Oleander, Zeke, or Wyatt weren't there as well. "How am I gonna fucking do this?" He frowned, running his fingers through his hands. With JudAmLo stronger than ever and Tatyana not so subtly breathing down his neck, all hope seemed lost.

(Confessional time)

"I'm not gonna lie, waking up and realizing that the whole house hates you is kinda...rough." He frowned, attempting to force a weak smile. "At this point in the game if I'm not winning, I'm going home. Especially after last night. In not giving up, but I do feel like there's no one to turn to anymore, you know?" With a small sniffle, Wyatt immediately shut down, remaining silent for the rest of the confessional.

(Confessional Over)

"So why do you think she chose Oleander? Like strategically it makes no sense." London pointed out, nervously picking at her nails. Aiden shrugged, taking the moment to reply the events of last night in his head. "Tatyana isn't really the smartest when it comes to planning obviously. I think between the two she's the one to watch out for. She's basically been doing our job for us picking everyone off. I think Wyatt's wayyy to beat down, especially after crying all night. Easy pickings, guys." He grinned. Judas rolled his eyes at the statement. "I don't know about that. Everytime Wyatt's hit the bottom, he's somehow managed to bounce back. Hard. I think the smartest decision would be to get rid of him now while we have the opportunity." He muttered, a tiny sneer forming as he brought up Wyatt's name. Clearly, there was still animosity from their heated argument. London pursed her lips, frowning as Judas continued to rambled.

As Wyatt made his way downstairs, he bumped into Tatyana. The two shared a glance, and as Tatyana went to speak, Wyatt raised his hands in surrender. "Nope, nope. It's okay." He briskly mumbled, walking off downstairs.

Just as things were seeming to slowly boil over, a loud noise made its way throughout the house.

"My fellow Cutthroat comrades, times have been tough.  The world is in complete disarray. The people are looking for a leader. And luckily for us, ya'll are just right for the job. Well, maybe. For today's challenge, you're going to improv your way into a presidential election. That's right, Cutthroat 2022! I hope you're ready." The announcer explained in a fake professional tone.

Everyone looked excited.

Well, everyone but Judas.

(Confessional time)

Judas let out a loud sigh, rolling his eyes as hard as he could. He seemed to be growing increasingly annoyed. "Another fucking improv challenge? Seriously?" He snapped, waving his arms wildly.  "I just...god, let's just hope this works out."

(Confessional over)

"Well... congratulations, Aiden." Tatyana replied under her breath as she watched his face light up. Wyatt cocked his head towards Aiden's beaming face. "You know the people who are most excited about challenges usually are the ones who bomb the hardest. Food for thought." He shrugged, brushing past the dig and making his way upstairs. Aiden frowned, flipping him off. "ANYWAYS, I think this sounds like a great challenge personally. I really can't wait for it." Judas shrugged, leaning foward to nudge himself into the conversation. "I mean, yeah. We're basically gonna be standing on a podium talking shit for like 5 minutes. I don't see anyone doing terrible here. Except maybe Sayera." He sniggered. Aiden turned to him inquisitively. "I...don't know who that is." He shrugged.

And so, the final 5 split up, writing and planning their ideas for tonight's debate.

"So what's your idea, Judas?" London muttered, poking him in the shoulder. Judas peeked over from his notepad. "I was thinking of doing like...a punk kind of president. Like very MGK, very emo type of thing." He explained rather confidently. Aiden looked ahead at him, blankly turning his head to the camera before turning back to Judas. "Awesome." He dryly retorted.

(Confessional time)

"Ohh, he's doing the punk thing again. Great. Can't wait...for that." Aiden commented sarcastically, shaking his head like a disappointed father.

(Confessional over)

"I think I'm gonna go just full Gen Z on this to be honest." Aiden muttered, and London nodded, subtly praising him. "I was thinking about going for like...mayybe an old fashioned woman?" She muttered, taking the time to scribble a bit more. Aiden was, for a lack of better word, extremely underwhelmed by them both.

Wyatt was going through his wardrobe to find absolutely nothing.

"You gotta give me something, wardrobe, c'mon!" He snapped, huffing in frustration.  Most of his clothes didn't go for the character he had in mind, and it was far too late to make another one.

(Confessional time)

"I will be the first person to tell you that unfortunately, the circus I perform in doesn't make much money. I've saved up for months and I only bought enough for 5 challenges, and made my own from there. I didn't know I'd make it this far, and now that I have...I'm stuck. I'm panicking. I..." Wyatt's voice cracked a bit, taking a deep breath before any tears began to fall.

(Confessional over)

Just as he was beginning to give up, tears nearly forming in his eyes, his eyes spotted something wedged on the corner. Wiping his eyes, he shuffled over to what looked like a few things swaddled near Tommy's bed. A package.

Opening the bag, Wyatt was nearly brought to tears. There, in a twined bag, was a bunch of ideas for characters, left over clothes, and notes on every single person in the house. It was signed, by Oleander, Zeke, and Tommy. Wyatt let out a wicked clown cackle.

"God I miss them!" He laughed, before pulling out some clothes.