FAMILY (40)

- ' Ah...now I understand why his phone's wallpaper is you! I mean...sure...this kind of pretty faces demand appreciation! '
Kai said with a smirk, and immediately earned a slap on his bicep from his brother, but it was too late! Seokjin has already heard what he shouldn’t.
- ' Wait...what?! Me..? '
He looked at Namjoon with wide eyes, who was literally dying from embarrassment.
- ' I...uh..well...the thing is- '
- ' Wait lemme show you. '
Kai said, and immediately picked up the phone of the younger from the table, showing the lockscreen to the fashion designer, who was utterly speechless . Indeed it was him. The picture was from the evening when the whole group went to shopping together. But Seokjin didn’t remember when the CEO took this picture.
- ' When you took that picture?! '
Again, Namjoon was totally not in the situation to talk, so Kai answered instead
- ' That I don’t know...but he did! And this is now his lockscreen. '
A bright smile played on Seokjin's lips as he shook his head
- ' And I thought I'm the only one who's stealing pictures! '
Smilingly, he unlocked his phone, and on the home screen, a thoughtful Namjoon lost in the starlit night was visible....a picture from the party last week.
Now this made both of the Kim brothers confused and shocked. They didn’t imagine Seokjin had Namjoon's pic as his wallpaper this whole time.
- ' I took this in the evening...when we were talking at the balcony. See...your eyes are literally shining like the stars!'
Namjoon was there....but he wasn’t at the same time. Since the morning, this day was beyond his imagination. First Seokjin gifted him a handmade neckpiece, and now after arriving at his house...he's complimenting Namjoon's picture which is also his home screen! Isn't that too much to bear!?

- ' Come on kids.....lunch is here! '
As Mrs Kim called from the dining hall, Kai got up immediately and went away to hide his amused smile, and Seokjin also started walking towards the hall....but stopped in midway because Namjoon was still sitting, and didn’t look like he heard any of this.

- ' Hey Joon...ahjumma is calling. '
The man looked at him blankly, as if nothing is registering in his brain, and Seokjin repeated again
- ' Don't you wanna eat lunch? '
- ' Huh...? '
That's all he managed after a whole lot of staring at the fashion designer, who laughed at his condition
- ' Joonie...come on! We need to go to the dining hall. '
He said while tugging the corner of Namjoon's tee-shirt, and he got up, still a bit perplexed.
- ' Yeah....yeah...let's go. '

The lunch was nothing less than a feast, with more than 10 dishes and a full course dessert. But what touched Seokjin the most was the heart-warming welcome that he received from the family. Namjoon, his brother, his parents... and of-course Monie! Everyone was more than happy with Seokjin's visit. Especially Mrs. Kim and Monie. The doggo was now sitting on Seokjin's lap, looking at him with shiny eyes....  and Seokjin couldn’t be anymore happy at this point. Nothing ever felt so warm to him.... he never felt so special and welcomed.

- ' Ah...Seokjinaah...you're not eating anything properly! This is not good...tell him to eat Joon.'
Mrs Kim whined, and Namjoon smilingly served another bowl of jjigae ( Korean stew) to Seokjin, who facepalmed himself.
- ' Namjoonaah how can I eat so much?! If this continues, I won't be able to go back! '
Before anyone could say anything, Monie started barking while nudging his nose on Seokjin's shirt.
- ' See? Even my youngest boy doesn’t want you to go back! In your age I used eat 5 bowls of jjigae alone. Kids nowadays eat nothing! '
Mr. Kim said while shaking his head and Kai laughed out loud
- ' Looks like you're not going anywhere soon Jin! '
Seokjin couldn’t help but smile contently and looked at the happy family....

Family.....

Something he has always longed for....

But something he never had.

As the Kim family welcomed him with open arms, a part of Seokjin is emotional....

But what is his story? Why he never had a family?

Read on to know his past!

Thanks for reading and voting. I appreciate your cordial support 💜✨