ELYSIAN NIGHT (35)

Waves of laughter and talking voices were prominent as evening took over the Jeon mansion. After so many years of unbothered silence, it felt like someone has sprinkled soul to the castle-like house.

Different groups were scattered and chatting in different corners of the mansion, relishing the warm and pleasant evening fully.

In the living room sofa, Somi and Jiwoo were talking to Ana. They knew who she was and how she'll help with the situation about Taehyung's treatment...but never got the chance to meet her.

- ' I've made all the arrangements eonnie..you'll not have any problem while living with us. '
Ana smiled warmly at Somi's words
- ' I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here. And I need to admit, your house is splendid! Like...it has one of those castle's charm from the pages of books. '
Somi smiled shyly, and Jiwoo nodded
- ' Totally Som. This is absolutely stunning. '
The smile gradually faded from the host's face
- ' It was not always like this. Maybe....if I'm telling the truth....then it was never like this. '
Ana furrowed her eyebrows
- ' What do you mean? If you don’t mind me asking...'
- ' Ah no no...I mentioned it anyway. '
She stopped, sighed, and started
- ' Today this mansion feels amazing because it has life in it. This evening...all of you....this party...everything made this house so much lively today. But trust me, this is not what we're used to. We're habituated with endless silence... suffocating peace and colourless life here. This is definitely not our usual day. '
- ' Where is your family Somi...? They're not here to accompany you and your brother?  '
Somi shook her head with a sad smile, and continued
- '  We lived in Busan when we were toddlers. Ajhussi and Ajhumma came to Seoul with oppa when he was 5...I was 4 then. They started their business here. Within a few years, they became business tycoons...and it was getting difficult for them to manage all the works by them. This is when they called my parents to join the business. Eomma and Appa agreed..and started working with them.  Oppa and I, both were reading in middle school then. My parents used to live in Seoul for almost everyday of the month...and I had to live alone back in Busan. This is why when I became a high-schooler, they shifted me here. Since then, it was only me and my brother in this oh-so-amazing mansion. Our parents never really come back to Seoul now...and it's a rare occasion if they even call us. Jo ajhussi really took good care of us...but he had so many work...so...we were...lonely for the majority of time. '
Somi stopped, and both of her listeners were silent by then. Jiwoo never imagined the happy-go-lucky girl of her class could have such melancholy buried in her heart. Ana on the opposite, was not stunned by the story..rather the actions of a certain someone made her confused
- ' So Jungkook faced the same? '
- ' He faced the worst. He was alone since he was just a little kid. '
After a moment of silence, Ana sighed and looked up at the intricately decorated ceiling of the hall
- ' I guess...that's...really wonderful of him. People who has faced a certain hardship in past tend to realise other's problems...but it's rare when they try to help and solve it. He's trying exactly this for Taehyung...and...that's... so amazing of him. That boy is young but has the potential to amaze anyone with his talents and golden heart. '

- ' I'm telling you Jin, enough with fashion designing. Leave your job and be a model man! You'll earn millions with this golden beauty of yours! '
Jackson said with a laughter, and Seokjin joined him
- ' Right!? I always knew I can be a model or something. I mean...this face is no joke! I'm Worldwide handsome, you know?! '
The doctor was dying from laughter and Seokjin was also laughing his heart out as a very amused Namjoon was enjoying their conversation.
- ' But hey, you didn’t show me your collection that day when we first met. '
Namjoon said a bit sadly, and Seokjin shrugged
- ' Who knew that one night would lead us here! But yeah...I'll show you. You're pretty fashionable for a CEO. '
Namjoon smiled prominently
- ' I'll take that as a compliment. '
- ' Oh please! I ACTUALLY complimented you. '
The CEO was at a loss of words, and Jackson stepped in to save his friend
- ' But Seokjin, I heard that you're an amazing chef? Is that true? '
The elder gave a mischievous smile
- ' You have to try my handmade food for that. '
- ' Anytime! I'm always up for some good food! '
- ' And you Joonie? '
Namjoon blinked a few times and pointed at himself
- ' Mm..me? '
- ' Why I would call Jackson "Joonie"!? '
- ' No I mean...yeah...uh..I...would...love to try too. '
- ' Very good. Then you guys can come to my house, and I'll cook. Deal! '
Jackson was about to happily agree to that, but a call disturbed him.
- ' Sorry guys...excuse me for a bit. '

As the doctor went away, the two remaining took a while to look around. They were standing on the third floor balcony. Night was slowly approaching the city to wrap it in a velvety black cloak of darkness. The city was busy like other days, but the night felt different to these two. A soothing wind was blowing slowly, ruffling their hairs.

- ' Today is....amazing right? '
Seokjin almost whispered, clearly lost in the city infront, and Namjoon slowly nodded.
- ' I love stars since childhood. They were my only companion when nobody was around. '
The businessman tilted his head towards the elder, and for a moment it seemed like he could see constellations of stars into the glimmering eyes of Seokjin.
- ' Do you like night, Joonie? '
Again, he called him with that new nickname, and Namjoon felt like he's floating in the moment.
- ' I..love nights. It's like, charming... '
- ' Absolutely. '
The man shifted his gaze towards Namjoon, and Namjoon could see how the moonlight caressed his face, creating a lucent effect.
- ' I've been thinking of telling this for a while...but today seems perfect. '
Suddenly the dreamlike effect left Namjoon, and his breath hitched for a moment. Seokjin noticed this change and smiled divinely
- ' Don't worry Joon....it's nothing deadly. '
Again, he looked back at the view infront, and with ease, laid his head on the shoulder of the younger. By this time, Namjoon's heart was beating so loud that he could practically hear it.
- ' You know... I love talking and getting along with people. But never considered people to be my closed ones. Taehyung and Jimin..this two boys are my everything...my whole family. I have noone else  Joon. '
The loud thumping of Namjoon's heart was now slowly coming back to it's normal pace, but something felt heavy in his heart.
- ' But now...I feel like....that's not fare. I shouldn’t close my heart like this. There are so many people in this whole world...and not necessarily everyone is bad. Some can be genuinely good, too. After meeting you and your friends, I realised that I should go with the flow. World can't be the worst place when it has people like you in it. '
The CEO was not in the position to talk anymore. All he could do was to listen to the man besides him silently.
- ' In this last one month, a lot has happened. But all-in-one, I realised the importance of relations in this time. Strangers can be the biggest help sometimes...it matters on the person. When I see Jungkook, Yoongi...I feel this. What they've done and still doing for my brothers are truly unbelievable. And you... '
The elder held Namjoon's hand and laced their fingers together
- ' You became a person who's a friend of mine. As weird this sounds...but I never really had a friend. Either I was a brother to my youngers, or people just admired me from afar. You took the courage to lend a hand of friendship to me...you were there when I wasn’t able to find ways to help my brothers. You're...really...a true friend Joon. You are actually more than friend...you're...my comfort place. Sometimes, a person can be a comfort place too, right? '
Seokjin looked up at the man he was talking to, and found Namjoon lost...lost in his eyes. A gentle smile took place on Seokjin's lips
- ' What Mr. Kim? '
The question didn’t really reach the CEO's ears, so Seokjin lifted up his head from Namjoon's shoulder and looked straight into his eyes
- ' Hey...Joon? '
- ' Huh..? '
- ' What happened? '
- ' No...I...'
Namjoon looked into the elder's eyes for a moment before breaking into a radiant smile
- ' Just this night felt elysian. '
- ' What's that? '
- ' Heavenly beautiful...amazingly perfect. '

"Elysian" means relating to or characteristic of heaven or paradise, heavenly. This word is originated from Greece.

As the night is approaching the Jeon mansion, stories, feelings and emotions are reaching it's peak. What more this night has to offer?

Keep reading to find out! 👀

A biiiiiiig thanks to you all for reading my story so much! It has reached 500+ reads and we're just halfway there! Stay tuned till the end my lovely readers 💞

Thanks for reading and voting 💜✨