A THOUSAND MORE SUNSET (42)

- ' Jiminie! Wait for me! '
As Yoongi shouted from behind, Jimin giggled and sped up his bicycle
- ' Noooooooo! '
Yoongi had no other option but to paddle with a lot more speed to even come closer to the younger.  Today, Yoongi has returned from office before afternoon...and Jimin had no photoshoot that day. So that was when the duo decided to go out for the rest of the day with the little pup of theirs. Usually, Yoongi is that kind of person who'd decide what to do by himself and would do that on his own, but...not with Jimin! Yoongi was realising that he was changing slowly after Jimin had entered his life...but he wasn’t complaining. He liked this gradual change. He knew what they're going...but he wasn’t afraid at-all.

So here he was, following the younger in their own little cycling race, and he wasn’t really even a bit interested in winning. It was decided that whoever among them will win would decide the next activity....and if Jimin's winning meant he would laugh with this much overflowing happiness, Yoongi was ready to lose a hundred more times. Nowadays, Jimin's laughter was becoming his favourite sound.

- ' Hyuuuuung! See, I WON!  '
Jimin's shout pulled him put of his happy thoughts, and he smiled widely.  They were on their pre-decided finishing point, and Jimin was literally jumping up and down upon winning. This childishness of him is what Yoongi truly adored.

- ' Yeah yeah...you won. Now, what'll we do next? '
Yoongi asked as he got down from his cycle and Jimin said excitedly
- ' See...the sun will be setting soon. What if we go to watch sunset together? '
- ' But...sun sets everyday...!  What's so special in it? '
Yoongi stated as if that's a matter of fact, but Jimin blinked a few times before replying
- ' Hyung....have you ever watched sunset? Like...only to watch that and that only? '
As Yoongi shook his head as a no, Jimin sighed with a sad face
- ' Can't believe this! You haven’t watched SUNSETS?! That's literally my favourite part of day....and...huh! What you did in your life hyung!'
Yoongi wasn’t really able to realise the reason of him being scolded all of a sudden amidst the streets, but Jimin looked really disappointed, and he mentally cursed himself for not seeing the sunset atleast once.
- ' Well... I...just...never...thought like that...'
- ' But now you will and we're going to do that. '
- ' Uh...where? '
Jimin flashed a big smile and got up on his cycle again
- ' Follow me! I know the best sunset spots of thia city. I'm an opacarophile after-all! '
Yoongi furrowed his brows
- ' You're...what?  '
- ' An opacarophile. The lover of sunsets. '
- ' That's ....a mouthful thing! '
Jimin laughed a little at his reaction, and Holly also barked happily from the little front basket of Jimin's bicycle.
- ' Come come...or else we'll miss it hyung. '
As the younger started cycling again, Yoongi followed behind. This time, they cycled side-by-side, with Jimin giggling and talking about every little things and Yoongi nodding and humming to his words.

- ' Jiminie...where are we going? This road goes to Han river. '
Jimin smilingly nodded to Yoongi's question
- ' Exactly. Han river offers one of the best sunsets in this city....and you can't miss it anyhow! '

After cycling for a few more minutes, the grand waterbody was in vision as the eye of heaven was about to slowly dissolve into the calmly flowing streams, painting the water in bright shades of red, orange and golden.

For the first time in life Yoongi felt mesmerised by a simple setting sun. Yeah...it was normal and natural...it was nothing special or rare... but this simplicity couldn’t mattify the extraordinary  elegance of the dusk. The sky had some tresses of featherlight clouds....and the city was laying infront on the river shore. Even the tallest  skyscrapers seemed nothing to the glorious afternoon. As if, nature couldn’t have cared any less about the man-made buildings beneath her neverending sky.

- ' When I look at the sunset.... I always wonder...if this setting sun knows how beautiful it is...how many amazing moments it creates on every single dusk. Look...as if...this moment has a lot to tell us....we just have to indulge ourselves to hear it...we just have to close our eyes to listen to the passing wind. '
Yoongi shifted his gaze towards Jimin as his words hit his ears, and found him lost in the scenic beauty infront. He was looking beyond divine....a rare kind of beauty was radiating from the boy. It was just like the dusk...not perfect or flawless...but strikingly sensational. His flowing hair strands in the gentle breeze...his twinkling eyes that reflected the sun itself... His innocent smile.... maybe literally everything about Jimin was sweeping Yoongi off his feet. He knew he was slowly losing control of his heart...but... that didn’t bother him a bit.

- ' What do you think hyung? Is it good? '
- ' It's...dreamy. I never knew sun sets so beautifully in my own city. '
- ' So..will you watch sunset again with me? '
This brought a gentle smile on Yoongi's face as he looked straight at the horizon
- ' If this is what sunset with you looks like.....then we're surely meant to watch a thousand more sunsets together Jiminie. '

A sunset date it was!

Well....I personally am a lover of sunsets and dusks...so...yeah...this was my kind of chapter!❤️✨

And, a stunning sunset can do wonders 🌅

Let's see what wonder will it bring to this duo and what new plots are waiting for us in the upcoming chapter!

Thanks for reading and voting this chapter 💜✨