001

⇢ ˗ˏˋ CHAPTER ONE ࿐ྂ"Unexpected Company

"Unexpected Company."

THEA was sharing the couch bed with Kie that morning, she had spent the night at John B's chateau along with the others. They were all scattered about in different places around the house. She was sitting on the blankets with her legs criss-crossed while she strummed the strings out of the guitar. She looked up as she noticed the sound of someone's footsteps approaching the front room, a soft and tired smile on her lips as John B walked his way through the foyer.

"Morning, JB."

"Morning, Thea." John B replied to her greeting, raising a hand in a sign of acknowledgment. "Morning, Kie."

"Morning." Kie murmured, throwing up a sleepy peace sign as she snuggled into the blankets.

Watching as the hazelnut haired boy was standing infront of the wall at the picture of his dad, she placed the guitar down on the floor and stood to her feet. Crossing over to him she easily wrapped her arms around the boy's shirtless torso, reaching up on her tiptoes to rest her chin upon his shoulder. Whenever she would catch him looking at that photo she couldn't help but go and hug him.

It had been 9 months since his dad Big John up and disappeared, John B said he was off looking for a shipwreck. The island natives and the police had already declared his father dead, but John B refused to believe it. And she didn't blame him, if her mom was just gone one day and never came back, she wouldn't believe that she was just gone forever.

Then there was his mom, also in the photo with his dad. She didn't know much about her, mostly because John B hadn't either, considering she up and left when he was three years old. And lastly, there was his uncle T, the man that was supposed to be taking custody of him. But he wasn't there, and she highly doubted that he was going to come back.

John B squeezed her hand reassuringly. "Thanks for the hug, I'm okay. Promise."

Thea nodded, leaving a small kiss on the boy's shoulder before pulling away and dropping her arms from his tall frame. "You're welcome."

"Hey, do me a favor?" John B asked her, "Wake up JJ and his latest one-nighter for me? She needs to head out, got to go and meet DCS in a few."

"I'm on it." She lifts her hand and runs her hand through his sleep hair, getting a groan out of him as she walked past and heads down the hallway to John B's room where JJ and his one night stand were sleeping peacefully.

Well, not for long.

The blonde girl creeped into the room, walking past the threshold as she entered. She climbed on the bed and placed herself on the blonde boy's back, sitting in crisscross as he groaned into the pillow. "Morning, sunshine." She said to him, smug grin on her lips.