004

CHAPTER FOUR ( into the storm drain )

CHAPTER FOUR
( into the storm drain )

The next day drags on, class after class, and then the bell rings letting them out of school for the day. Thea and the Pogues immediately meet up, coming up with a plan as they head to the sewer system of the Banks. The other night Pope noticed that Ward lost the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin, he told them it fell into the sewer grate, which struck an idea in all of them, and now they could put it to action. After leaving their bags in Kie's car, they headed to the nearest sewage system, the north drain.

"This is the north drain." JJ announces to them, "It should've washed into the gully. So, if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like—"

"Somewhere in this trash." Pope stated, glancing down at the garbage surrounding the murky water.

"Correct." JJ muttered.

Kie released an annoyed sigh, "Oh my god. People who use plastic should be shot."

Thea snorted, "Wow, tell us how you really feel, Kie."

"Okay, personally, I love plastic." JJ said, in an attempt to antagonize Kie. "Use it everyday. Love the stuff."

His attempt works, because Kie looks a bit miffed when Thea looks at her briefly. "Hopefully, you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean."

"I thought you'd say something like that, so..." Pope pulls something out of his pocket, "Trash bags."

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kie questions, smiling over at the mocha skinned boy.

"Maybe." Pope replied, flustered by the girl's attention.

Thea's eyes flickered about at the both of them, her nose wrinkles in semi disgust. "Kie, are you getting off to Pope recycling right now?"

"No, seriously, you need us to leave you two alone, or what's going on?" JJ asked.

Pope tossed the roll of trash bags at JJ, "Both of you just shut up and pick up the trash."

Thea snickered, "Aye, aye, captain." She looks over at her boyfriend, "Jay, open up the bag for me?"

"Yes, ma'am." He nods at her, pulling the bag off the roll and opening it up.

"Let's make this a competition, whichever of us picks up the most trash gets to pick the movie that we watch at my place tonight, yeah?"