006

⇢ ˗ˏˋ CHAPTER SIX࿐ྂ"Surviving The House Invaders

⇢ ˗ˏˋ CHAPTER SIX࿐ྂ
"Surviving The House Invaders."

THEA was eating her breakfast the next morning, said meal being a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The milk they had left in the fridge had spoiled so she decided fuck it and made herself a bowl of dry cereal, as she was shoveling a spoonful past her lips she heard the banging of more than one fist on her front door. With furrowed brows the blonde girl hopped up from the stool and raised to her tip toes to see who was outside, she rolled her eyes once she realized it was just her two idiot best friends at her door.

"Yo, Thea." John B's voice said. "Open up!"

The blonde dropped her hand from the lock on the door, crossing her arms over her chest. "I didn't hear a please."

She heard a snort behind the dark wood, probably from JJ. "Shortcake, please open the door."

Thea turned the lock and opened the door just a crack, "John B, you can come in." Then she moves her eyes to the blonde boy. "You can stay out here making fun of my height. Again."

The chestnut haired boy gives JJ an amused look before walking into the house, she pushed both her hands against the blue eyed boy's chest as he tried to walk in. He grunted at her actions as he stumbled back, "Come on, Thea. Don't be like this."

The green eyed girl tilts her head at him, giving him a smug look. "Apologize for making a crack on my height."

JJ releases a groan, "I wasn't making a crack on your height, okay? I'm just messing with you, like I always am."

She purses her lips, her eyes dragging down his frame noticing what he's wearing that day. A navy blue button up, his sunglasses hooked on his shirt collar, some beige cargo shorts, and signature dark combat boots on his feet.

He looked good, he always did, and she fucked hated it.

"So you don't have anything against my height, then?"

The tousled blonde threw his head back in irritation, which is what she wanted, for him to be annoyed by her antics like she was with him 24/7. "No, I have nothing against you or short girls." He runs his hand through his hair, glancing down. "In fact, I think girls being shorter is attractive."

Thea's eyes widened, she blinked once. Did she just hear him correctly or did JJ Maybank just call her... attractive?

Instead of obsessing over what he said she shakes her head, ignoring the roaring of flutters in her stomach. She sighed as she pushed her door open further, stepping out of the way. "Get in here, before I change my mind."