009

CHAPTER NINE ( 24 hours of freedom )

CHAPTER NINE
( 24 hours of freedom )

Thea was waiting for JJ and Kie with the fellow Pogues back on the boat, she was freshly showered, clothed, and her hair was drying from the sun as it poured down her back like a fountain over her flannel shirt. She was laughing at something John B was telling her when JJ and Kie walked out of Geechie's Liquor store, the two holding cans of beer in their hands as they made their way back to the others on the boat.

Completely unbeknownst to them, they were all being watched by the careful eye of Kelce, but that was a problem they would deal with later, because tonight, they weren't letting anyone ruin their 12 hours of freedom.

When they arrived at the chateau, the Pogues had their work cut out for them. The idea was to string the entire front yard with lights, and basically turn the clearing into party central. So while they got busy with getting all of that together, John B was rustling through his bedroom to find a speaker so they could play their music with an aux cord. By the time he had found it and plugged it up, the clearing was lit up and the jacuzzi jets and fountains were up and going as bubbles surfaced in the warm water.

One by one they all climbed into the jacuzzi, and the shenanigans began.

Thea's stomach and face hurt from how much laughing and smiling she did, because she just simply couldn't stop. The boys were hollering and screaming, Sarah's face had been practically split open from how much giggling she had beeen doing, and then Kie was shaking her head in disappointment with a big smile on her lips as she watched the boys and their drunken and carefree antics.

As Thea had helped JJ as he tried to put a beer box over his head— but failed miserably, Pope had started to rap while John B started beatboxing to give him a beat. "I never made good grades in school. When I get out, I act like a fool. They say I come in the party and cause a commotion. I'm smooth, yeah, call me lotion!"

About an hour later, Thea was sat on her knees as she leaned out of the jacuzzi. Her eyes were set on Pope and JJ as they engaged in a challenge of sorts, the object of the game was to shove eachother in the shoulder and try your best to knock eachother over. Or atleast that's what she was getting from watching them while casually taking a hit from a joint JJ rolled, specifically just for her.

"Get him, Pope!" She cheered for the dark eyed boy.

"Babe!" JJ whined, shoving at the other boy's shoulder. "You should be on my side."

"It's no fair to play favorites, baby!"

"Oh, so, I'm your favorite— oh, shit!" JJ exclaimed as Pope tackled him, "Ah! Good, good, good! Get on the leg! Oh!" The two boys go down, Pope straddling him as they wrestle on the ground.