016

CHAPTER SIXTEEN( the set up )

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
( the set up )

Thea was sitting with Kie and Sarah in the Twinkie with the van door open, the three of them were going over the plan for Crain house on the map that Pope had made. They were laughing at his terrible drawing skills, cause seriously, he really should've just her do it because what she was currently looking at was borderline impossible to comprehend at all.

"Kie!" JJ voiced as he approached them, "This better work." He dropped a couple gold bars at their feet. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

The curly haired girl picked up the blowtorch that was next to her, "It's gonna work." She declared, holding it in her hand.

After watching Kie attemp to melt down the wheat logo from the gold bars, they all hopped into the van as John B climbed into the front seat and began his destinationto the cash for gold pawn store. After a bit of a drive there, John B pulled the Twinkie to an easy stop as they arrived and they all climbed out of the vehicle.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ complained to Kie about her attempt at melting the gold.

Kiara scoffed, "As if you could've done any better."

"I could've done much better." JJ stated matter-a-factly. "I took a welding class, actually."

"When?" Kie questions, her eyes narrowed into slits.

Thea rolled her eyes as her friend's got into eachother's faces. "Guys, stop it."

"Whoa, whoa." John B rushed over, "Hey. Sh! Chill out, okay?"

"Easy for you to say." JJ tells him, "You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off." He adjusts the strap of his bag, "How did I get this job anyway?"

"Cause you're the best liar." Pope responded, walking after him along with the others as they walked into the pawn shop.

"Afternoon ma'am." JJ greeted the woman at the register as they all made their way inside.

"Afternoon." The umber toned woman said, eyeing the group of teens suspiciously.

"I see you buy gold." JJ said, walking to the cash wrap counter.

"That's what the sign say, don't it?" She responded, quite rudely if you asked Thea.

"Well, I sure hope you buy alot of it." JJ announced as he put his bag down on the counter. "Cause I'm about to blow your mind."