007

⇢ ˗ˏˋ CHAPTER SEVEN ࿐ྂ"Message From Big John

"Message From Big John."

THEA is sitting on the floor in the back of the Twinkie as John B drives the van, she had managed to calm down after what had happened back at the chateau. Luckily, John B led her out of the coop so she wouldn't stumble and catch a glimpse of the dead rooster that JJ had to kill off in order to keep them from getting caught by the two guys who had trashed John B's home.

She had no idea why they had wanted the compass so bad, but she knew from their screaming that it definitely had something to with the Royal Merchant, and maybe even John B's dad.

It was just... alot.

When she said she wanted an adventure, getting shot at and having to go through a home invasion wasn't exactly what she had in mind.

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B said, sitting behind the wheel. "A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?"

Thea sighs, laying her head back against the wall of the van. "I guess, yeah."

"Yeah, it's possible." Kie responded to him.

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." Pope says, replying to the hazel eyed boy.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels." JJ mentions, "Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies-- that's how I do it." Thea rolled her eyes, closing them as she places one leg over her other and curled her arms around her stomach.

She really needed a nap.

"It's not concocting, okay?" John B insisted, "My dad's trying to give me a message."

"If it helps you believe, John B." Kie tells him, walking on eggshells with her reply.

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay?" John B told them, "Look, I'm not trippin' out."

"It's okay to trip, bro, but--"

"Look, my-- my dad is missing, okay?" John B said, cutting into JJ's words as he turned back to look at him. "Missing. You don't know what it's like to have the closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering."

Thea frowned, her pale green eyes slipping open as she looked forward at her friend in the front seat. Sure everything he was saying sounded a little crazy, but she couldn't blame him for believing his father was still alive, if she were in his shoes she would be the exact same way.

"It's been almost a year." Kie says to him, cautiously, being careful of her words.

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped." JJ suggested, trying to make his best friend feel better. "That's definitely a possibility."