003

⇢ ˗ˏˋ CHAPTER THREE ࿐ྂ"Motel Investigations

"Motel Investigations."

THEA was holding onto the bar on the HMS Pogue, with a hand placed on her temple blocking the bright sun from her eyes. John B was steering the boat towards the old and abandoned Summer Winds motel. She had heard many stories about the old inn, it used to be the Outer Banks center for tourons on their vacations for the summer, but now it was nothing more than a dump, a place that only sketchy people stay in.

A whistle escaped JJ's lips, "And I thought the chateau looked bad."

"This place is a shit show." John B comments.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie questioned.

"You be the judge." Pope muttered.

"It could be both, meth cookers need somewhere to live too, you know."

Kie hums in agreement, "You might be right on that one."

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays." John B said as they slowly approached the water's edge.

"No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope acknowledged.

"Okay, here we go." JJ announced, rope in hand. "This is your captain speaking, HMS Pogue coming in for landing." He jumps off the edge of the boat landing feet first in the grass, leaning down to tie the rope to the makeshift dock.

"We good?" John B asked him, killing the engine of the vessel.

"Yeah, we're good." JJ confirmed, giving him a thumbs up.

"Cool." The hazel eyed boy nods, "Hey, Thea, you coming with?" He asked her, glancing her way.

She shrugged, a small smile gracing her lips. "Sure, why the hell not?"

"Hey." Pope called as the both of them go to leave the boat, making them glance back at him. "Don't let him do anything stupid." He said, pointing towards JJ.

"Oh, we will." JJ replied, answering for them. Thea climbs up on the bow of the boat where JJ is placed, his leg propped up with his arms resting on his knee.

"I'm not making promises." John B replied to Pope, not wanting to give the boy false hope on whether he can keep JJ from pulling any bullshit.

"Shoo, get." She tells the blonde boy, kicking her converse covered foot at him. He backs away with his hands raised in surrender as she jumps down to the grass. "We'll do our best, Pope." She replied, looking over her shoulder at her genius best friend.