The Bully's Diary 36 - Betrayal and Promises

Hey guys!! The Bully's Diary is at #719 in the Fantasy category but it's something!! Maybe it can get even better ;) Thank you so much for sticking with me this far <3x

I woke up that day still in the corner of the cell, next to Adrianna. What exactly were we going to do all day? Adrianna shifted on the floor and her eyes fluttered open. 

"Hey." I murmured, "You alright?".

"Mm. I'm fine." She grumbled, then sat up, leaning against the wall. "Wait, what about you? That wound on your leg must still be..." She trailed.

"Yeah, it hurts like hell, but it's not bleeding as much." I replied, trying not to move my leg too much.

Adrianna gently poked at the wound and I gasped in pain.

"Sorry." She muttered, then withdrew her hand. "Hey, Carolina?".

"Yeah?" I said.

"What do you think Matt's doing, right now?" She asked quietly. A sting of pain shot through my head at the mention of his name- it felt like my heart was breaking all over again.

"I uh.. I don't know." I replied.

"I'm really sorry that I..." She tried to say, then stopped as if she'd thought better of it.

"Yeah, well.." I said, not really knowing what to say to her.

Suddenly, Dare appeared in red smoke inside our cell. Adrianna and I instinctively shrank back further into the corner, but Dare knelt down incredibly close to us- we were trapped.

"Do you want to get out of here?" He said gently.

Adrianna and I exchanged suspicious glances and looked back at Dare. I didn't trust him.

"I can help you." He said, extending a hand out towards us.

"Last time I took a demon's hand, I was taken to an empty white space. I'm not doing it again." I muttered.

"You can trust me. I'm a friend of Shade's." He tried to explain. "We were Guardians together a long time ago." He whispered.

I slowly reached under my dress and felt for my necklace. I took it out and opened the golden pendant, holding the tiny cross in front of me for protection. Dare hissed and backed away a little as a bright white light was let out from the pendant. I squinted my eyes as the blinding light came out, but Dare suddenly opened his arms out and started to absorb it!

He rose up into the air and a huge pair of white wings burst out from his back, then started to flap. Adrianna's mouth was agape in shock like me as his shackles that had been attached to his legs and arms dropped onto the floor. David came running, shouting at Dare as he continued to absorb the light still coming from my pendant. Dare stretched out a hand towards us again and this time I stood up and looked at him hesitantly. He nodded at me in encouragement. I looked back at Adrianna and she shook her head as if to tell me not to.