Chapter 33 ~Toilet Paper Dude And Sasuke's Disappearance~

Kou's POV

The four of us have been really close! We're like a family already! Temari's the mother, Kankuro's the father, I'm their daughter and Gaara's my little brother! Wait.... I'm the little one because Gaara's older than me. He's just small, that's why it almost looks like we share the same age, but he's really a year older than me, I think? Nevermind. We hang out every other day! Of course, they still need to prepare and train themselves, but since we wanted to hang out at the same time, we decided to hang out every other day, so there'll be days when they'll have to train.

Right now, I'm taking a walk around the village, trying to find the red-head brother of mine. It's midnight, but I don't give a damn. We already know each other, all of us, thanks to the meeting Kankuro planned! Hahahah!! And because of that, I found out that Gaara doesn't sleep at all and just stays on the roofs of houses, mostly on theirs. Wait.... There he is!

I grinned and jumped from roof to roof, but halted to a stop when I saw the same old man with a hunched back. What is he doing up there? Chatting with Gaara? I silently went nearer and hid myself, just enough to hear what they're saying. I love eavesdropping, okay? Beat it. "Well well.... Look at this. Don't you ever sleep at all?" The old dude asked. He smells fishy. "Why are you here? What do you want?" Gaara asked, looking at him.

"I was planning on attacking you while you slept. If I fight and defeat you now, then in the next round, I can battle the one I really want to face. Sasuke. I already know all about your sand attack. I wonder which is faster.... Your sand..? Or my sound...?" The old man said while lifting his sleeve up, showing his old weapon. Gaara remained staring at him and THOSE FREAKING CLATTERING WIND CHIME THINGS, BELOW THE STATUE THING GAARA IS CURRENTLY SITTING ON, ARE SO FREAKING NOISY!! IT'S SO DAMN ANNOYING!!! Hey.... I was just thinking.... Sound and sand are pretty hard to say. I mean, sound, sand, sound, sand, sound, sand, sound, sand..... When I thought of it rapidly, it's perfectly easy, but when I said it in a fast motion under my breath, my tongue got twisted a bit. Hahahaaha!

"When the moon is full *Kou looks at the moon and blinks*......"

"Hm?"

"When the moon is full, its blood boils." Gaara said creepily and I think.... His tailed beast got a little too carried away. I also know all about that thing inside him because of the meeting! "Wha-What in the world are you?!" The old man asked, obviously freaking out.

Gaara, his beast to be exact, attacked the poor old man and I coughed lightly, the dirt and smoke getting on my face. When the smoke cleared, I saw Gaara on his knees with his hands flat on the surface in front of him. He's breathing heavily too. What just happened? Did he kill that guy? Aw man. He was supposed to be the one I would go up against in the finals! I glanced behind me for a moment and after a few seconds, I revealed myself. It's like someone's watching me from behind. I don't know. It's just a weird feeling and I'm getting tense. Shaking it off, I jumped towards Gaara and grinned at him.

"Hey! You okay, Gaara?" I asked, kneeling beside him. He looked at me and sat properly back with a sigh. "What are you doing here this late?" Okay. He avoided the question. So that only mean one thing.... It's a no.

"Don't worry. I'm right here. You can tell it to me if you want. You know, if something's bothering you, I'm right here to listen." I said and smiled at him. Gaara just stared at me and then, looked at the night sky. I wonder what's going on in his head. Nahh. Not my problem! I lied down and put my hands behind my head, staring at it as well. The night sky sure is beautiful. Oh look. The moon's so big! It's like.... I can touch it already!

I stood up and rubbed my arms. What's this uneasy feeling? Why won't it go away? "Are you cold?" I went back to reality when Gaara spoke. "O-Oh! No, I'm not! Hehehe..!" I just got this weird feeling!! Someone's watching me. I know it. But where?