Chapter 36 ~Final Exam: Temari Vs Shikamaru~

Kou's POV

As Naruto was in the middle of running around and blowing kisses, I jumped over the railings and removed my mask, landing gracefully on the ground.

"Naruto! Congratulations!" I exclaimed with a grin and ran towards him, hugging him tightly afterwards. He blinked, grinning as well later on. I pulled away from the hug and gave him a thumbs-up. Naruto really proved to him that his belief was a bluff. I faced the smart-ass, who's currently lying frozen on the ground, with my arms folded on my chest.

"I told you. Never underestimate him. He never gives up."

I teleported back where Gaara and the others are, smirking. That look in gay dude's face made me feel.... Glad. Naruto proved him wrong and defeated him. The look of despair and defeat in his face made me happy.

-MINUTES LATER-

Poof!

I appeared behind Sasuke and smacked him hard on the head. That took him off-guard and he went kissing the ground. He immediately stood back up and glared daggers at me though.

"Smart-ass and Naruto's match was already declared as good as over and it's your turn to fight. What the hell are you two still doing here? You better get your butts to the arena before I drag you myself. By the way, Kakashi.... *said man looks* I still don't know who to fight because my name wasn't written on that piece of paper junk as expected. It's like I'm not even a part of the final exam. I mean, it was all planned nice and clean, and my freaking name wasn't there, not even a letter from it, nor their nickname for me, Masked guy thing to be exact. You better fix this, Kakashi, and I want a strong opponent. Just don't mention my true name. Masked guy is fine, I guess. Well, better move now. I'm still going to steal some bowls of ramen. See you later." I immediately teleported back before they can even release a breath. That prevented me from getting attacked by questions.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! THE BASTARD, ALSO KNOWN AS SASUKE UCHIHA, IS ALREADY ON HIS WAY, ALONG WITH HIS JERKY MENTOR, KAKASHI!!! I SUGGEST YOU, STICK GUY, TO MOVE HIS DAMN MATCH TO THE VERY LAST JUST IN CASE HE LITERALLY DRAGS HIMSELF TOWARDS HERE, IN THE ARENA, BECAUSE OF HIS FAT BUTT!! I CHANGED MY MIND!! IT WASN'T A SUGGESTION!!! IT WAS..... A COMMAND FROM THE MASKED GUY!! AND YOU BETTER FOLLOW IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT STUPID WOODEN STICK OF YOURS POPPING OUT OF YOUR THROAT!! Good day~!!!" I exclaimed and teleported, appearing in front of the well-known ramen shop. Yeah. I teleported and appeared in the middle of the arena. Hahhaaha!! Nobody gives a damn.

-FEW MINUTES LATER-

I appeared beside Gaara and placed my arm around his shoulders. "Take it easy, sand freak. He'll come. I met him not so long ago and told him to get his butt here. It won't be a problem, unless.... YOU, PROCTOR STICK, BETTER FOLLOW WHAT I COMMANDED OR ELSE YOU'RE DEAD!! There. I guess, it'll be fine now."

-SECONDS LATER-

"Shino and Kankuro, come down!" The proctor said after explaining how Sasuke's match was moved. Nice one! He followed me! Or maybe not....

"Yeah! It's your turn, Kankuro!! You better win this! Let out that creepy thing you got and show it to us!!!" I cheered and was about to push Kankuro down to the arena, over the railings to be exact, when he gave me a constipated look and talked afterwards.

"Proctor! I withdraw!"

"I withdraw so please, advance to the next match!"

"What the hell?!" I threw my mask on the ground after removing it and held Kankuro's shoulders, rapidly shaking him. "Kankuro! Are you freaking insane?! Well, maybe you are.... But seriously?! You've been through hell just to get in here and reach the final exam!! Why the hell are you going to quit, huh?! Tell me! Are you freaking afraid of that freak?! Come on, Kankuro! You've got to be kidding me!! This is freaking stupid! Damn! The hell is wrong with you..?" I asked as my voice slowly died down. I sat on the chair and sighed while Temari and Kankuro gave me looks I can't explain.

"Why on earth..?" I muttered and wore my mask, which I picked up from the ground.

When realization hit me, I stood back up and faced Temari. "Don't tell me you're going to quit as well?!?" I asked and she smirked. I know that look. Good thing, she didn't choose to quit or else I'm really going to tie the both of them together and throw them in a lake.

"Don't worry. I won't."

-A MINUTE LATER-

Actually, what the proctor said was right. Temari seems a bit eager. I don't know why. As for that lazy guy, well, he fell on the ground because Naruto pushed him over the railings. Who should I cheer? That lazy friend of mine.... Or the girl I treat as my mother? Sounds weird but not really. I actually think of her as my big sister and not my mother. Seriously. Kankuro being the father and Temari being the mother would be so weird but whatever.

"Based on the look in Shika dude's face, he seems pissed off about something. Maybe because Naruto pushed him? No.... Maybe not. Is it because of the bastards throwing garbages at him? No. He won't get bothered by that. Is he planning on giving up? Nope. No way." I muttered while leaning on the railings.

"GO ON, LAZY BUTT!! FIGHT TEMARI AND DO YOUR BEST!!! It's not like you're going to win just like that but.... DON'T QUIT AND GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT!!!! TEMARI, NEVER GIVE UP AS WELL!!"

-MINUTES LATER-

"TAKE IT EASY ON THE FREAKING WIND TECHNIQUES, TEMARI!! I WAS ALMOST BLOWN AWAY!!!" I exclaimed and rubbed my eye, which caught dirt.

"AND ALSO, DON'T SIT LIKE THAT!! YOUR OPPONENT'S A BOY AND YOU'RE WEARING A FREAKING DRESS-LIKE SUIT!! I THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!" I added and Kankuro just sweatdropped. As for the sand freak, well, no emotion at all. That's a usual thing and I'm used to it. I sighed and continued watching the match. This'll be interesting. I mean, Shikamaru's smart and good when it comes to strategies. Let's see if his intelligence will be enough to be able to surpass Temari's wind.

-FEW MINUTES LATER-

"Temari, over your head!!" Kankuro yelled, almost destroying my eardrums. He's sitting next to me, in my right side, and Gaara's on the other, in my left side. Wait.... That's cheating, right? But whatever. I'd do the same anyway if I saw it first. Unluckily, I wasn't paying any attention to the area above them. I was just staring at Temari all this time.

"Nice one, Temari." I commented under my breath when she managed to avoid the extending shadow of Shikamaru. Temari's also quick, that's a fact.... But will she be quick enough?

Moment of silence....

Woah! His technique actually caught Temari!!

"How the heck did he do that?" Kankuro asked in disbelief and I just smirked, staring at the fighting area. That Shikamaru's intelligent. No doubt about it at all. Wait.... I see now! Shikamaru did make a strategy when he positioned his hands like that! At first, I thought it was just some kind of handsign to.... Maybe... I don't know. I just thought that it was nothing but a mere movement! But no. It was a special movement of him to be able to make a strategy! Or maybe not. Argh! I'm not good when it comes to using my brain! I just like to move and move and move without using my head at all! And I can't really relate when it comes to these kinds of things. Whatever.

"Okay, that's it. I give up."

WHAT?!?!!

"WHY THE HELL DID HE GIVE UP ALL OF A SUDDEN!!?! NOT REALLY OUT OF THE BLUE.... BUT WHY THE HELL DID HE GIVE UP WHEN HE ALREADY GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO WIN?!? DAMN!! IT'S NOT LIKE I WANT YOU TO FREAKING WIN THE MATCH OR ANYTHING BUT THIS IS JUST FREAKING STUPID!! I'M HAPPY FOR YOU, TEMARI, BECAUSE YOU WON, BUT SERIOUSLY!! WHAT THE HELL, SHIKAMARU?!?! WHAT. THE. HELL....?!?"