chapter 5

Only a day had passed and now Sanzu sat timidly with a polite smile as Y/n looked at his recent test scores

Only a day had passed and now Sanzu sat timidly with a polite smile as Y/n looked at his recent test scores. He looked like a seven-year-old boy waiting for his mother's praise for doing a good job.

Y/n looked at him with a plain face before narrowing her gaze onto him making the boy sweat. "..well?" Sanzu asked, still smiling.

She took a long and deep breath. "Great job," She said, making the pink-haired male brighten. "That's what I would've said if you if you actually did a great job"

Sanzu's eyes lowered. "Oh..."

She smiled. "But you got an 82, so the better word would be... I'm impressed"

He looked up at her confused and shocked. "Wait, so are you mad?"

"No dipshit, I said I'm impressed." She repeated. "This is your highest score and I'm proud of you"

Y/n never shies away from giving people compliments when a compliment is due. She knows how much one single positive word can brighten a person's day, and she really saw that Sanzu was trying so she praised him.

"You didn't cheat now did you?" She suspiciously eyed the male. "Cause if you did, then I just made myself look like a fool by complimenting you"

"No, I didn't! I swear!" He defended. "I stayed up so late reviewing the notes you gave me, and honestly It's quite offensive you'd think that"

"Alright, I apologize. I really am proud of you" She patted the boy's head.

"Can you please not treat me as if I'm a little kid?" He pushed her hand away from his head.

Honestly, Y/n thinks of him as a kitten. She doesn't know why but he just reminds her of a cat, he looks and acts sassy but can be soft if he wanted to.

She only laughed lightly as an image of Sanzu as a cat flashed in her mind. Sanzu tilted his head with his brows furrowed in confusion.

"Well, then I guess you wouldn't want me buying you ice cream then?" She said.

His ears perked. "Okay, I'll make that an exception"

.

.

.

In the distance the Haitani brothers watched Sanzu and Y/n interaction, while Rindou wasn't really bothered by it, Ran was the opposite.

"Is it just me or it's really unsettling to see Y/n and Sanzu get along so well?" Ran asked as he watched the two teenagers talk as they walked.

Rindou shrugged. "Maybe you're just jealous"

"I'm not" He replied with a glare at his younger brother. "My point is, Sanzu doesn't really get along with anyone unless it's Mikey since he's practically his dog"