chapter 18

The blond woke up with a loud gasp while he sat up from his futon

The blond woke up with a loud gasp while he sat up from his futon. His sweat dripped down from his forehead to his chin.

He felt as if he had just run in his dream from how out of breath he was. His hand pulled onto his blond locks and his blue eyes scanned the current room he was in.

Once he realizes he was in his own- though old- room. He stared at the very familiar ceiling he had known his whole childhood then he turned his head and soon his eyes landed on the phone on top of the table in the middle of his room.

Hanagaki pulled himself up and grabbed it, and his screen showed the picture of him and his friends from middle school.

What really caught his attention was the date and time. It says it was the 4th of July in the year of 2005 and that it was 7:43 in the morning.

If he had recalled correctly, today was also the same day he had time leaped for the first time but with Naoto's handshake. But the last time he time-leaped in this exact date, it was 2:50 pm by the train station with his friends.

He sat on the floor while leaning on the side of his bed, Takemichi closed his phone before looking up at his hand which Y/n had shaken.

"Don't mess up this time"

Those were her parting words to him before he got thrown back to the very beginning where this whole time-leaping started.

What did she exactly mean? What did she want to change? What exactly needed a change? Just when did Y/n come into the story?

Since in the previous time-leaps he did, Y/n was never there. So, just where and when did she become part of this all?

What did he need to change now to have a different future? Now that he's here, what was his goal? Did it change?

The sole reason he time-leaped was that he wanted to save Hina, and then he accomplished that, but then his reason soon changed and now it was Mikey who he needed to save.

But now, it was Y/n who needed saving. But wait, have Takemichi actually saved Mikey? The answer was; no, because Y/n suddenly appeared.

And now that he's back in the very beginning, his goal was to save Hina, Mikey, and Y/n. He already knew what to do on how to save Hina, and he also knew how to save Mikey- though only somewhat how. And now he needed to find out how to save Y/n.

But how does he save someone he will not yet meet in another 5 years? It just doesn't make sense to him. Does he need to continue to live out his life from here to the fight between the Kantou Manji and the 2nd Gen. Toman?

Takemichi concluded that he'll cross that bridge once he gets there, but for now, his main goal was to save Hina. And that starts with meeting with Mikey.

.

.

.