chapter 21

From that point, she couldn't remember many details

From that point, she couldn't remember many details. Everything happened so fast, she tried to remember bits of the events as she stared at the tiled floor of the hospital.

"Hey" Hanagaki sat beside her, they were waiting for Draken's operation to finish. "You alright?"

"Yeah, of course, I'm good" She snapped out of her thoughts. "How are you so calm right now? I'd assume you'd be crying or something"

"Oh..." He chuckled sheepishly. "I did- I mean, back when I experienced this event before... but now that I know he's gonna survive, it's less nerve-racking."

"Right... this is your second time here in this timeline because of me" She muttered. "How did this end? Back then, when we haven't met"

"Well, everything went well" He answered while his gaze stared at the blank wall in front of them. "Everyone was alive and well, I was going to get married to my girlfriend. But I went back when I realized Mikey wasn't in that future."

"The timeline I jumped back was around when the 3 deities were already ruling." He continued. "That's the time when I met you"

"And you said you came back when you shook my hand, right?" She asked and he nodded. "What would happen if you shake my hand right now? What timeline would you end up with?"

He was silent for a moment. "I don't know" He then rubbed both of his hands together. "And I won't try to find out, I might end up on a haywire- It might- I don't know" He let out an exasperated sigh.

Her hand landed on his shoulder. "I understand" She then looked to where the others were waiting and soon her gaze landed on Mikey. "Have you talked to him?"

"Who? Oh, No, I haven't... I figured he'd want to be alone" He answered right before the doctor came out and announced the news.

"The operation was a success"

Everyone broke into cheers of relief. "I've seen this exact scene happen, and it's still so relieving to hear that" Hanagaki muttered beside her.

"Congrats noodle arms, you saved him" She smiled as she stood. "I'll get going now, see you around" She gave him one last pat on the back before she exited the hospital.

Her steps were slow and dragged, so it took her some time to actually get to the exit. There was not a single thought on her mind.

"Hey, careful, you were about to bump into me," A voice said as the person gently held her by the shoulders. "Again"

She looked up and in an instant, she felt light. "Wakasa, you're here" Her tone was pleased. "Shin, you're here too"

"Where's Mikey? Is Draken alright?" Shinichiro asked and she smiled and nodded.

"The doctor said the operation was successful" She announced. "As for where's Mikey... I think he was in the waiting area with the others"

Shinichiro muttered a quick thank you before walking past her, Wakasa on the other hand stayed put. "Are you going home? I can give you a ride" He offered.