chapter 52

"Fine, I'll show you a cheater," 

Y/n and Draken charged at each other and continued to exchange hits with one another. There were moments where both are overpowered by the other, but if they were going to be placed on a scale, their strengths would be seen as equal. 

But Y/n knew better than that, if she were going, to be honest, she was already tired, and it has only been less than ten minutes since they started their fight. But of course, her pride won't let her show that her lungs are actually suffering. 

"You're getting slower," Draken commented. "Don't tell me you're already tired?" 

She scoffed. "Not in the slightest," Y/n regained her poise. "Maybe you are, you've been limping" 

"I could lose a limb and still be able to fight," Draken retorted before attacking once again. 

Y/n blocked and dodged as much as she could and it was starting to become more evident that she was exhausted, but she still persisted. 

The longer she persisted, the harder Draken's hit seemed to be. Maybe she was at the peak of her exhaustion or it could be that Draken is intentionally hitting her with all his might to quickly wear her out. 

"If you won't let me get to Mikey," Draken readied his fist. "Then I'll get him myself,"  

The moment Draken said those words, something in her snapped. And the punch that Draken threw was easily caught by Y/n's hand. "I won't let you take away Mikey," 

At that moment, he felt something cold in his neck. Y/n grip on his fist was so tight that he could feel his joints crack, her other hand firmly stretched toward his neck, and her stare was so blank, it reminded him of Mikey's eyes. 

"Y/n-" Draken tried to speak but was interrupted by a voice behind him. 

"I wouldn't open my mouth if I were you," It was Izana. He casually walked around and stopped behind Y/n. "Right now, Y/n only sees you as a threat, so, one wrong move from you and you're dead," 

Draken stared at Y/n in horror. "What... did you do to her...?" 

Izana scoffed, offended. He then rested his arm around Y/n's shoulder. "We did nothing to her," He said, his eyes unblinking and an eerie smile decorated his lips. "You did," 

Draken watched as Izana pulled out another blade and casually cut Y/n's cheek, she didn't flinch, not even an inch. Her blood trickled down her chin as Izana hid the blade in his pocket.