chapter 41

It was only five days before the weekend arrives and the fight to end all fights occurs

It was only five days before the weekend arrives and the fight to end all fights occurs. Normally, she's living how she is, basically just doing anything that goes. 

She was able to remember a few details, but most of them were just added details in her childhood and a few in her younger teenage years, so at the moment, she just needs to know more about the 'now'

But unfortunately for her, instead of finding information more about this new-but-not-so-new timeline, she was stuck with her oh-so-darling cousin. 

"Why is he staying with me again?" She asked over the phone, not bothering to hide her disappointment. 

"Come now, Y/n, he'll only be there until the weekend," Her uncle said. "I really don't want him to be by himself in the house while I'm on a business trip," 

"So in short, you don't trust your son" Y/n deadpanned before looking at Tetta who sat on her couch timidly. 

"That's not what I said, nor what I meant," The male reasoned. "He often locks himself in his room and forgets to eat when I don't remind him," 

"Uhuh," She hummed uninterested. 

"So, can you please look after him?" Her uncle pleaded. "You two used to be so close, he looks up to you and I know he'll behave if he's with you," 

"You're forcing me to be his nanny, and I'm not even getting paid." She said. 

"Please Y/n?" Her uncle pleaded for the nth time. 

She sighed defeatedly. "Alright." 

"Thank you so much Y/n-!" Her uncle exclaimed. 

"Fuck you, you old man," She said and her uncle just laughed. 

"You two have fun now, bye-!" And with that, they hung up. 

Y/n looked at Kisaki. "You're already a grown and independent person, why would your father-" She paused before sighing. "Fine, I guess I'll be taking care of you for the week" 

"Don't force yourself, I can stay somewhere else-" Kisaki said as he stood to leave but Y/n made him sit back down. 

"To where exactly? The streets? A random rundown hotel? or to that hobo Hanma?" She listed. "If you planned on going to any of those three, then absolutely not," 

"Your father entrusted you to me, and now you're my responsibility, I am still your older cousin after all," She stated. 

"Way to sugarcoat the word burden" Kisaki scoffed. "Plus, how much did my father pay you for you to agree to this?" 

"Not a single yen." She answered. "It's almost dinner, what would you like?" Y/n changed the subject. 

"I have some udon," Y/n continued to speak. "I can make some stir-fried udon noddles with scallions, do you still like those?"