chapter 44

Y/n used to genuinely like the gang meetings she attended back then, or in her case, back in a different timeline

Back then it was about silly things, actual fun brawls, and fair fights. But now it's all about being more powerful, bigger groups, and having connections. 

This wasn't the life she wanted for herself, and yet it was the path that fate always carve out for her to walk on. 

Was she always fated in such a life? 

If she were, 

then what a bitter life to live. 

"Y/n-!" Someone's voice finally penetrated through her thick thoughts. "Are you even listening?" 

"Yes, I am" Y/n replied to Sanzu who raised a brow in doubt. "It's about the upcoming fight with the second generation of Toman. Yes, they will continue their attack, and yes, we will overpower them," She then sighed as she pushed herself up from her seat. "If we're going to repeatedly talk about this every meeting, then I suggest not asking me to attend," 

"Ah, and there she goes, gone," Hanma smiled as he watched the female exit the room. 

"How come ya'll just let her walk out like that?" Mochi asked while looking at everyone.

Kokonoi hummed. "Her position is higher than ours, she can do whatever she wants,"

Izana smiled as he breathed out his mouth. "Y/n truly is something else," He mused before turning to look at Mikey who looked unbothered. "Just how did you get her to join Kanto Manji?" 

Mikey raised his head to face his subordinates, he opened his mouth and everyone anticipated his answer. "Have you forgotten?" He muttered questioningly. "Y/n founded Kanto Manji.

Everyone was not prepared for what Mikey had said since in everyone's perspective it was Mikey who founded Kanto Manji as a re-born version of Toman, but from what Mikey had just said, it would seem that was not the case. 

"Y/n? Started Kanto Manji? Well, I guess it isn't that hard to believe," Kisaki spoke. "After all, she'd done more impressive things," 

"You're biased because she's your older cousin," Shion murmured. 

Kakucho rolled his eyes before clearing his throat. "Can we go back to our official topic? We're wasting time," 

The group inside the room began to talk once again, while Y/n quietly stepped away from the wall just beside the slightly ajar door. 

She had been secretly listening, the moment she stood from her seat. Y/n never actually considered these repetitive meetings 'a waste of her time', if anything, she actually learns more about this new timeline she and Hanagaki are in. 

From what she'd gathered in this timeline, she considers this timeline to be a complete disaster compared to the other timelines she has been in. 

- Omoikane started way earlier compared to the Omoikane she knew from other timelines, and because Y/n's gang grew at a fast rate, she was able to prevent the fire that could've been the cause of Akane's death.